đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

'Million Reasons' impacts Top 40 radio 11/8

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

'Million Reasons,' the second single off of Joanne, will be officially added to US pop radio on Tuesday, November 8th.

Interscope has already made the song available for download to stations, so multiple have already begun playing it before the official impact date. We can expect slowly increasing airplay as we near 11/8.

'Million Reasons' is already a #1 iTunes single, and has enjoyed strong commercial success since its release (prior to becoming a full single). For reference, the song has never left the US Top 40 despite  the initial release as only a promotional single. 

Get ready for another hit, gurls!

Source: http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16691

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk

I bow down to slay
I try to make the slay seem better
Lord, show me the slay
To cut through all his worn out slay-ther

tumblr_inline_nwnkkgreRB1sktocl_500.gif

xoxo cupcakke

Slayllion Slayages is coming to shook, Hillary gonna give ha that promo if she wins, the gays gonna rejoice with Joanne :diane:

Gagaplayer315

The holiday hit single Million Reasons is finally coming 

source.gif

20 minutes ago, Americano said:

Interscope has already made the song available for download to stations

When I read this kind of thing, I can only think -- do they not have CD players at radio stations? Or iTunes? Or whatever... Why do they have to rely on the label to do a special thing for them? Why can't they just play stuff off the album? "Hey, this track is great, we should play it" --> boom, it's on air.

Album-Oriented Pop, that's what we need. /rant

Americano
23 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Isnt it a little too late next week? Slay tho

it's standard to wait a few weeks after announcing. they are also figuring with the video coming later and AMAs that there's no need to sprint or have the unrealistic expectations on what they can do in the gap 

some have begun playlisting it already though even today 

samuelx
1 minute ago, Nemo said:

When I read this kind of thing, I can only think -- do they not have CD players at radio stations? Or iTunes? Or whatever... Why do they have to rely on the label to do a special thing for them? Why can't they just play stuff off the album? "Hey, this track is great, we should play it" --> boom, it's on air.

100% agree singles from albums are starting to become dated, I feel like most people just stream albums and put the songs they like into a playlist. Radio is starting to age 

Boyboi12
26 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Isnt it a little too late next week? Slay tho

No seeing a lot of people haven't even heard the record! 

3 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I did some Googling, and I found that:

- they play the songs the labels/artists want to push

- management of the station decides what is played (what they think the GP wants to hear)

- have to pay loyalty fees (increases for non-singles)

"Most radio stations have agreements with both ASCAP and BMI (the two companies handle the bulk of royalties and licenses for U.S. music companies).

The radio station is free to play any song in those catalogs that it's willing to pay royalties for. However, individual deejays may be restricted to a "playlist." That's mostly a programming decision, but it also makes it easier for the station to defend itself against charges that a deejay accepted illegal payments to play/promote a song" 

Archived