đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The UK

withjudas

Featured Posts

withjudas

Any other UK  monsters really disappointed with the GP for not treating Gaga  better. 

Today she entered the UK Album Charts at number 3 meanwhile MR is slowly slipping down the charts.

I totally get that she hasn't really done no promotion here but I get irritated when the UK is somewhere she always does several tour dates in and generally lots of performances

I really think the US has much better tastes in music tbh. 

I know music not the bling but some support where it's due would be nice :cryga:

venusfly

Her entering at number 3 is not bad. She was up against Elvis (legend who also has a 14-album long #1 streak) and Michael buble who is pretty big in the UK and has the audience who buys rather than streams.

SlaeUrAnus

Me.

Heart and Capital pays her dust so much. I am fed up of the same playlists for Capital. Constant Justin and Drake. 

She would have been guaranteed a #1 if she performed on the X Factor or Graham Norton. 

In my messy era.

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, withjudas said:

I really think the US has much better tastes in music tbh. 

Not when the US allows songs like Juju on that Beat and Broccoli to become big hits while artists like Jess Glynne and Years & Years never got any attention...

The UK has a bit of tall poppy syndrome I think, its also common for people to only focus on what's 'new' 'upcoming' 'underground', Radio 1 basically pushes indie bands and songs down the public's throat. A lot of young people also like to follow the trends of their friends, gaga isn't popular amongst young people, nor older people, she's kind of stuck in the middle without a real audience here unfortunately.

TwerkinLurkin

The UK is a flop lol jk

But no I don't think we have better music taste at least not mainstream music taste I live in America and I haven't listened to the radio since 2012 that's how bad it is here lol

withjudas

I suppose 3 isn't terrible but I think she needed a 1.

And I agree with you all, the UK is so 'lets be on trend and push dance because the kid's like it' and I think that's sad. Talent doesn't seem to win here

Ooo  I didn't know she was coming here after Japan. good to know :hug:

2 minutes ago, Karl said:

The UK has a bit of tall poppy syndrome I think, its also common for people to only focus on what's 'new' 'upcoming' 'underground', Radio 1 basically pushes indie bands and songs down the public's throat. A lot of young people also like to follow the trends of their friends, gaga isn't popular amongst young people, nor older people, she's kind of stuck in the middle without a real audience here unfortunately.

MR performances in U.K will raise her profile significantly. Do you know that most music is bought by over 30s? This age group are more likely to buy a folksy ballad. It would be a win win if she got her ass here to promote. 

Dominic

I expected a #1 just because it has Lady Gaga attached to it but let's face it she hasn't been a force here in a long time. Still massively known and discussed but her music isn't that popular. 

The UK has always had such a quick turn-over and is usually ahead of a majority of trends but it seems they just aren't here for this trend. 

It doesn't help that Joanne feels very much like a US album, it's got the references to the US and it's also got the country influence. It might climb after more promo but I'm not banking on it. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

withjudas
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

I expected a #1 just because it has Lady Gaga attached to it but let's face it she hasn't been a force here in a long time. Still massively known and discussed but her music isn't that popular. 

The UK has always had such a quick turn-over and is usually ahead of a majority of trends but it seems they just aren't here for this trend. 

It doesn't help that Joanne feels very much like a US album, it's got the references to the US and it's also got the country influence. It might climb after more promo but I'm not banking on it. 

That's so true, and I guess that's why I'm disappointed because I do expect number 1 albums. 

I just wish people could start to see her for what we see :queenga:

Luke78619

I am gutted TBH, but no one knows she's released an album apart from monsters. There's been close to zero promo here, she needs to do an X Factor performance :giveup:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

destinyofself

You can't blame the GP, I see some comments calling us brit's "flop fans", no, Gaga has done no promo here at all, debuting at number 3 is good. I do wish that she'd done Graham Norton and XFactor, I never expected her to debut at number 1, especially when Elvis Presley has an album out the same day, he has a HUGE following here in the UK!

destinyofself
10 minutes ago, ScotHML said:

MR performances in U.K will raise her profile significantly. Do you know that most music is bought by over 30s? This age group are more likely to buy a folksy ballad. It would be a win win if she got her ass here to promote. 

She needs to get over here and promote the **** out of it! 

PaperGypsy

i'd LOVE her to do the x factor here in the uk

will never forget watching her singing bad romance on it back in 2009! absolutely loved that performance and it was a really good series of the x factor in general tbh

what kind of bubblegum have you been blowing lately?

Archived