Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

She Needs Million Reasons to be a Hit

CallMe

Featured Posts

She needs commercial success, I know we're always saying that we shouldn't think about commercial success and mainly focus on the quality of the music, and I fully agree on the need for her to be free with her music and to deliver whatever type of music she wants to deliver. But once it's released, and once she's been able to be creatively free, then we can't dismiss the need of commercial success, for one simple reason: if she's not commercially successful, she doesn't get as much attention from her label and from the music world in general, meaning she will have to face a decrease in what is possible for her. 

Commercial success allows for more money to be invested in her, so she'll be able to really go to the full extent of what she imagines in terms of touring, music videos, performances in general. We can't just dismiss the money behind her performances on tv, behind the music videos that we're able to enjoy or even behind the music with amazing producers that come her way also thanks in part to the financial reasoning. 

All of this leads me to Million Reasons: we can't just ignore its success and say that ok it's fine to go with A-yo because that's what she wants, because if there's no commercial success she'll know even more restrictions and it's not gonna be enjoyable for her nor for us. 

GhettoFabulous

Exactly. I think she should just make them dual singles that way both songs have an advantage.:diane:

I just want MR as single because it's my favourite and because Interscope would be stupid to let such a golden opportunity pads up especially when it's presented to them on a silver platter :classy:

4 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Exactly. I she should just make them dual singles that way both songs have an advantage.:diane:

Let's get that US country hit with A-yo and the WW smash hit with the winter ballad that is Million Reasons :air:

GagaXCupcakke

Ummm she is getting commercial success. Her album is going to be #1.  There is more to commercial success than singles.  

Plus, success on the iTunes Charts does not equal long term single success. Every era this seems to happen and we never learn. 

31 minutes ago, GagaXCupcakke said:

Ummm she is getting commercial success. Her album is going to be #1.  There is more to commercial success than singles.  

Plus, success on the iTunes Charts does not equal long term single success. Every era this seems to happen and we never learn. 

The majority of people don't really know about albums, they'll remember someone exists thanks to what is on the radio or on the top of the charts : she needs a hit. Album charts are only known by those who actually care a bit about the music industry, but the vast majority of people only know about singles. 

The Professor
25 minutes ago, jzraei said:

It sounds like the fans need it more than she does

Well Duh, no way fans are gonna get MV's, performances and photoshoots unless she's successful

GagaXCupcakke
4 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Well Duh, no way fans are gonna get MV's, performances and photoshoots unless she's successful

Florence and the Machine haven't had a hit song in like 7 years and they had 9 music videos there last era. 

The Professor
22 minutes ago, GagaXCupcakke said:

Florence and the Machine haven't had a hit song in like 7 years and they had 9 music videos there last era. 

And Gaga isn't florence. GUY flopped and that was that for a whole 2 years 

Joshie S

my god why is this fanbase so obsessed with the charts for **** sake

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

2 minutes ago, JoshieS said:

my god why is this fanbase so obsessed with the charts for **** sake

No, but labels are. It's dumb to think that she'll be able to do as much as she's doing now if she doesn't make money, and she needs commercial success for that. 

Archived