πŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT πŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Deluxe Version Complaints (Clickbait Title)

Squeeshy Keety

Featured Posts

Squeeshy Keety

Why would she make Grigio Girls and Just Another Day exclusive to the deluxe version?

Β 

All those post-SNL sales that got the standard are missing out on

Β  Β  Β (1) One of the most moving, emotional songs I have heard in my life

Β  Β  Β (2) One of the catchiest tunes since ARTPOP (and of the past decade, imo)

Β 

I pity anyone who either does not know these songs exist or does not care to know/buy them, especially GG.Β :classy:

They / Them πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Shipper

That's why Joanne Deluxe and Joanne regular is #1 and #2 in itunes.Β 

They bought the Deluxe after figuring out they were missing out from just Joanne regular, with no wings! Β :stalkga:

πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•

BLACKOUTbritney

So they had to go out and buy the deluxe too

Gaga and her marketing skills

Give them a taste, and make them want more

tumblr_ndc65r5sCN1tfn6k7o1_400.gif

Β 

I agree. I wish she would have released the 14 songs on the standard version and for the deluxe release the documental thing in a DVD a la ARTPOP and the iTunes Festival.

Kindness rules all.

AlexanderLevi2

I really think Grigio Girls should have ended the standard version.

But Just Another Day is ok as a Deluxe track. It's different, funky, and warm but not really something that makes sense with the standard album.

Currently listening to Joanne

Reality

To be quite frank, I personally think she should have just had one album with all 14 songs on it.Β 

Maybe it affects sales or something, I don't really look into those logistics, but I don't see how anyone would really pick up the standard if they can pick up the deluxe.Β 

πŸƒπŸ–€πŸ‘Ή

Squeeshy Keety
Just now, AlexanderLevi2 said:

I really think Grigio Girls should have ended the standard version.

But Just Another Day is ok as a Deluxe track. It's different, funky, and warm but not really something that makes sense with the standard album.

Β 

I always found JAD a little sister to Come To Mama in sound and message, so there is some cohesion there. (CTM is my fave Gaga song, so it doesn't quite compare. Not to discredit it, it's just CTM is perfection :giveup:)

Chinosky

Definitely agree that all the deluxe version "bonuses" deserve to be on the standard.

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

AlexanderLevi2
2 minutes ago, I Give Up said:

I always found JAD a little sister to Come To Mama in sound and message, so there is some cohesion there. (CTM is my fave Gaga song, so it doesn't quite compare. Not to discredit it, it's just CTM is perfection :giveup:)

I love JAD more than CTMΒ :emma:

But CTM fits more with the album. I just wish the Deluxe would have been hidden bops rather than mellow tunes. This is the first Gaga album where I thought the album was too short.

But I love everything on the album so I can't complainΒ :golfclap:

Currently listening to Joanne

Squeeshy Keety
3 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Do they count towards metacritic?Β :emma:

The deluxe songs? Maybe if they reviewed the deluxe version (not sure if they did or not), she'dΒ have over 70 by nowΒ :poot:

DeanWinchester
Just now, I Give Up said:

The deluxe songs? Maybe if they reviewed the deluxe version (not sure if they did or not), she'dΒ have over 70 by nowΒ :poot:

Right?

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Anderson123

We're lucky we got the songs guys. The album was done and it was going to be released as the Standard but Gaga and Mark kept recording songs for a Deluxe edition. It was their idea to include them in there. And of course for marketing purposes they release two versions and expect people to see the standard and get that one because it's cheaper.

I mean, I love Grigio Girls and I agree that it could be part of the album but that's how I see it anyways. Just like Black Jesus, Fashion of His Love and The Queen, I just listen to the album all the way through, I don't see the tracks as "Deluxe tracks".

nativenewyorker
37 minutes ago, I Give Up said:

I always found JAD a little sister to Come To Mama in sound and message, so there is some cohesion there. (CTM is my fave Gaga song, so it doesn't quite compare. Not to discredit it, it's just CTM is perfection )

Don't you feel a little weird/sad that Josh Tillman basically wrote all ofΒ Come to MamaΒ though

Just Another Day is one of my favorite Gaga songs of all time. I personally don't like standard/deluxe versions, but it is better for marketing and sales. As far as GG and JAD go, I think of them as much a part of the album as the rest of the standard version.

The only one I think of as a bonus track is the work tape version of Angel Down. It's good, but I don't like the idea of repeating the same song on an album. The album version is jaw-droppingly amazing on its own.

Plus, JAD is an awesome album closer.

Archived