💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: "Revisiting ARTPOP"

thetranmonster

Featured Posts

thetranmonster

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7556753/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-revisited-merits

"Now, three years later, we're looking back at Gaga's most divisive LP -- and we're taking sides. Jason Lipshutz, who gave ARTPOP one of its few overwhelmingly positive reviews when it debuted, is taking up the 'Justice for ARTPOP' mantle, while Joe Lynch -- who didn't hate it but was happy to forget it for the last two years -- goes on the offense against ARTPOP. We're both Gaga fans, so there's no serious ill will here -- just a back-and-forth on what we can agree is one of the weirdest major pop albums of the 21st century."

An interesting article with 2 reviewers going back to ARTPOP 3 years later. Thoughts? 

Born A Monster

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester

Is it because they feared a Katy article would turn monsters against them?? :toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

djBuffoon

I'm with Jason all the way on this. ARTPOP is not perfect by any means, but the scope of its sound and the variety of influences and ideas is too fun and invigorating to even bother harping on its weaknesses. In fact, I wish more pop albums were this wild.

Her best album (not including TFM). Critical reception was clueless. No worries, 10 years from now they'll understand.

Chelseaaaaaa

If Gaga's vision 4 the album had been executed completely it would've been the woman's best. It's still awesome and I love it.

Archived