đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Get Woke: Mark Ronson on Producing 'Raw and Exposed' Joanne

Leaf

Featured Posts

Ronson on how Beck, Florence Welch, Tame Impala's Kevin Parker and others helped star create honest fifth LP

Mark Ronson remembers the first time Lady Gaga asked him to produce the album that came to be Joanne. "I don't know what it's going to sound like," she told him last year, "but do you want to work together?" 

It was probably inevitable that Gaga and Ronson would collaborate. Even though Ronson is about a decade older than Gaga, both grew up within blocks of each other on New York's Upper East Side, and her private school would often have weekend dances with his. Ronson and Gaga first joined forces about eight years ago when Ronson enlisted her to add a vocal to "Chillin," a track he was produced for rapper Wale.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/mark-ronson-on-lady-gagas-raw-and-exposed-joanne-w445356

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GagaInArt said:

too long ! :awkney:

Cut to late 2015, when Ronson takes Gaga up on her offer to helm the follow-up to ARTPOP. At a studio in London, Gaga brought along a new song, "Angel Down," which Ronson says was "quite moving." At the end, Ronson says, "I was like, 'OK, I think I can see how this could work. We're into the same ****.'"

A few months later, the two arrived at Shangri-La, the historic Malibu studio currently owned by Rick Rubin. Since Rubin was between projects, Gaga and Ronson were able to settle into the studio for months, working on one of the year's most eagerly awaited pop albums. "I'd never been there before and it was insane," Ronson says. 

Now we have a concrete answer of why LG5 was delayed so long. Redone basically got fired as the lead producer.

All the songs that redone produced was scrapped, except one which Ronson reworked on. No wonder the Work Tape sounds so much better.

Proves that Redone > Ronson

Dramatica

So, when she started collaborating with Ronson, she didn't have on her mind the theme "Joanne". Ronson brought it up by saying write about things that happened in your life. Only then would she say "Joanne" should be the sould and heart of the album :neyde:

that Bastard, Ronson :neyde:

Spoiler

JK; don't eat me up alive bishes :ladyhaha:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

OMG so the real work on LG5 took about 9 months.

If Gaga had started it in full force with just Mark or just RedOne like in the first LG5-connected post on her IG in January 2015 we could got this album in October/November but one year ago :toofunny:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

juicyjuicy

Great insight.

So basically they scrapped "LG5" and began working on LG5 v2 (Joanne) in 2016...and finished it within a few months. She truly has more talent in her pinky than a lot of other artists right now...

Interesting to see how these collabs came about. I wish they would've thought about collabing with some of the bigger pop artists out right now though - but I guess since this isn't a "traditional" pop album, there really wasn't any pop girl that would've fit in (maybe Taylor Swift).

9 minutes ago, Gagafy said:

produced was scrapped, except one which Ronson reworked on. No wonder the Work Tape sounds so much better.

No, i love Ronsons version so much more.

I love Mark so much! He is one of my favorite producers, I love the work he did with Amy. I really love Valerie and he put some of that superb sound on Joanne. I'm really glad she chose to work with Mark instead of RedOne! I missed instruments in pop music, thanks Mark!!

9 minutes ago, Gaga of Time said:

So, when she started collaborating with Ronson, she didn't have on her mind the theme "Joanne". Ronson brought it up by saying write about things that happened in your life. Only then would she say "Joanne" should be the sould and heart of the album :neyde:

that Bastard, Ronson :neyde:

Reveal hidden contents

JK; don't eat me up alive bishes :ladyhaha:

It's the best thing which could happen too her. But many people which only cheap music or only dance pop can't understand it. I'm so happy that she made Joanne, it's so good.

Dramatica
Just now, INTERNET said:

It's the best thing which could happen too her. But many people which only cheap music or only dance pop can't understand it. I'm so happy that she made Joanne, it's so good.

That's so judgemental of you

giphy.gif

Just now, Gaga of Time said:

That's so judgemental of you

giphy.gif

hear :sweat: Oh and i said also hear > only pop dance 

16 minutes ago, Gagafy said:

Nope. His work outside of Gaga is mediocre at best. 

Dramatica
1 minute ago, Wenli said:

Nope. His work without Gaga is mediocre at best. 

STFU please!

I'm still waiting for Perfect Illusion to go 700M on YouTube, and another Ronson song to sell 15M copies.

giphy.gif

I love Ronson's work but people comparing both will wreck my nerves...

Just now, Wenli said:

Nope. His work outside of Gaga is mediocre at best. 

Does Amy Winehouse not exist to GGD?

Archived