Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Black Mirror

Blake

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one where the criminal gets tortured on a loop every single day of the year is probably the most ****ed up one so far. I just started Season 2. 

Redstreak

I'm having such a hard time figuring out how I feel about this show. The show in and of itself is done VERY well, especially in the emotions its trying to get you to feel. The big issue I have with it is its morality, however. "Look how terrible modern technology can be" at this point is just such a vapid and easy stance to make that its become boring. Like do we really need more of that?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching this show a couple of days ago and it's so freaking good. :diane::giveup:

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

On 11/4/2016 at 0:45 PM, Redstreak said:

I'm having such a hard time figuring out how I feel about this show. The show in and of itself is done VERY well, especially in the emotions its trying to get you to feel. The big issue I have with it is its morality, however. "Look how terrible modern technology can be" at this point is just such a vapid and easy stance to make that its become boring. Like do we really need more of that?

Very few episodes actually have the technology as the fault. It's how humans decide to use it is the problem. Technology just happens to be the medium. In a few they even paint it in a positive light, such as San Junipero. And others technology isn't even involved, such as White Bear. What I like is that there are very many different timelines and themes, yet human emotion and fear plays strong role in all of them. 

I watched a few episodes when it originally aired on television but recently re-watched all of series one and two, now I'm over half way through series three.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but San Junipero (SE3EP4) will f*ck you up beyond belief. I literally bawled at the end and then for another half an hour.

On 04/11/2016 at 5:45 PM, Redstreak said:

Advancement in technology is great, the show isn't trying to convince anyone that technology is bad. It just shows how it can be used in different ways. There's positives and negatives to modern day technology and this show explores both of those things.

Take something like the White Christmas episode. Although it's a little out there, one of the questions raised is how ethical it is to create sentient computers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Morphine Prince

Watched Season 1 and only need to watch the last episode of Season 2. 

I couldn't resist myself and watched the first episode of Season 3 to see how Netflix had handled the series. Bryce Dallas was amazing in it. It reminded me a lot about Instagram likes these days. 

I love the show even though the eps feel long at times. The one I hated was the christmas special, didnt feel like BM to me. Maybe bcs of john Hamm being american or his character in general.

Pole dancer

Archived