Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne: A big success or a big flop

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

To start, I think Joanne is one of Gaga's best albums. But in terms of success, Joanne will either be very successful or a big flop. I say this because this album is very divisive. And is not that Gaga's albums haven't been divisive before but Joanne is shaping up to be the most divisive album. Specially between younger and older people. Here is why:

Younger People: In general they prefer electronic/urban/dance music compared to some older genres. Joanne has a lot of electronic elements but it is Gaga's least mainstream and or modern album.

Older People: In general they prefer that genres that they are used to like classic rock, funk, folk, country, and jazz. Gaga has provided this type of music like never before, but Joanne is still distinctly modern, new, and pop to truly be considered any of these genres.

Why it could be a big flop: So Joanne could be a big flop if these people take those divisions in tastes very seriously and decide that the album is just not in their taste because is not truly pop or truly organic.

Why it could be a big success:  It could be a big success if Gaga ends up bringing all these people together (like she wants) though her unique hybrid music. If these people end up liking Gaga's songs due to the fact that the album will always have something that appeals to them them many people could end up buying the album.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Versace

"So Joanne could be a big flop if these people take those divisions in tastes very seriously and decide that the album is just not in their taste because is not truly pop or truly organic."

That's their loss, their flop, and after all it's just another day.

It's both.

Queen of being in the middle. :staymad:

Queen of Flopping and Queen of being Successful. :firega:

When will your indie favs.:bye:

Born To Slay

I still think this album is gonna flop and end her career, at least it was a good album that did it

DeanWinchester

Are enigmas threads big success or big flops? :ladyhaha:

Jk ot: too early to tell but for me personally it's great

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

YeehawKylie

Joanne will likely sell more consistently than her past two albums. I see it having longevity. I don't think it'll open huge, but I think that's to her advantage. It'll allow the later singles to really catch on and introduce people to the album who may have ignored it.

From what I've heard, in my own circle of friends, is that a lot of those who were turned off her her during BTW or ARTPOP are really embracing the album and are surprised they like it. So, that makes me happy.

The Surrealist

It's a success for music. It's a success for critics, because they can bash her again and gain money off her. It's a success for all Little Monsters. It's a success to her family. It's a success commercially, she is selling pretty well, I think.

2 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I still think this album is gonna flop and end her career, at least it was a good album that did it

She'll just do another Jazz album and covers to revive it again.:staymad:

Computer

I think it will flop, but expectations are lower now so it won't be such a media circus that she's flopping.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Archived