💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Pitchfork: “Hey Girl” (good) Track Review

DavidLirk

Featured Posts

DavidLirk

"What makes “Hey Girl” work, despite all this, is that instead of simply telling listeners that successful women can be supportive friends, Gaga shows it—throws a groovy party for that revelation, really. She weaves her voice together with Flo’s atop relaxed-fit space-funk that benefits from Welch’s signature harp/strings and the start-stop pacing of “Bennie and the Jets.” Their voices sound different but ultimately better together than they do alone, which is the entire point: This is feminist shine theory on pop’s main stage, Lenny Letter in song form. “We don't need to keep on one-in’ up another,” Gaga declares confidently in the chorus. “If you lose your way/Just know that I got you,” Flo counters."

Read more at http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/18581-lady-gaga-hey-girl-ft-florence-welch/

DavidLirk
Just now, Aura Veil said:

This is my most played song from the album.

They always review the most rare/uncommercial things of the albums XD

Pitchfork? Gaga? Good? ... :sharon:

Hope their Joanne review will also be positive! :diane:

If I like it, then that's what I get!

Azor Ahai

Better stan for the album Pitchfork. Does Pitchfork count for Metacritic? I would guess so, and they are a very hard judge.

xoxo cupcakke

Pitchfork x Gaga; the true reverse Joannian experience :diane:

Very cool and very, very indie tbh :neyde:

Fingerella
1 minute ago, Azor Ahai said:

Better stan for the album Pitchfork. Does Pitchfork count for Metacritic? I would guess so, and they are a very hard judge.

Yes they do

Stone S

I'm so happy to see Gaga getting good reviews on this album. The album makes me so happy and good reviews also make me happy (I just block out the bad ones)

Welcome to Industria

Aura Veil
Just now, DavidLirk said:

They always review the most rare/uncommercial things of the albums XD

I was so apprehensive about this collab. BUT THE BRIDGE IS SO ETHEREAL. DELECATE. FRAGILE. NEVER THE SAME.

anomdepllume

Damn, Pitchfork is usually hella hard on pop artists. This is a good sign! (And I'm glad somebody is giving this song it's due, it really is a jam).

PI Floppedt

Not them calling Zane Lowe a 'fluffy interviewer' when he hosted one of Gaga's best interviews  :madge:

I don't actually hate PI

littlepotter
5 minutes ago, ArtAngel said:

I'm so happy to see Gaga getting good reviews on this album. The album makes me so happy and good reviews also make me happy (I just block out the bad ones)

I wish 

chaeri pls

Archived