💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Don't blame the critics

Jed

Featured Posts

seriously you guys need to drop this whole conspiracy theory against Gaga. No metacritic isn't rigged against her. In fact ARTPOP maintained a steady 61 (keeping it green) despite being very much a "mixed-reviews" album. Prism and Bangerz both had the same thing happen to them.

Moreover a lot of you say they only criticize her as a person and ignore the music... When I've read plenty of genuine critiques in every single article you guys get offended by (Except the New York Times guy, he's a ****).

If people don't like the music, or find it inauthentic they have every right to say that. This was Gaga's bid at authenticity and if you personally think she achieved it then that's fine! But don't get messy because some music critics don't agree with you.

I like several songs on Joanne, and I bought it last night.. But some of you guys take this way too personally.

Please I'm open to debates but don't think you got the better hand because you use some gif with a dismissive comment underneath it - actually make a point.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

critics need to go through a journalism screen test before being able to do their job cause they are clearly expired and have no chops :madge:

Fantina

I would agree with these critics if they would go song to song and tell us why they hated it in a critical way and not in a "COPIES MADONNA YET AGAIN" way  :classy:

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

3 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Except some clearly arent reviewing the music :excuseu:

except some people read through the musical criticisms and get right to the personal ones and then make comments like the one you just did

ShockPop

Mention of ARTPOP, her tour in 2009, red one... But most of all the thing that's bugging me is them not understanding the simplest of lyrics or ideas. It's like they're trying to play dumb so they can rate the album badly.

The reviews are rarely based on the album.

3 minutes ago, Fantina said:

I would agree with these critics if they would go song to song and tell us why they hated it in a critical way and not in a "COPIES MADONNA YET AGAIN" way  :classy:

I can find good examples of actually musical criticisms in most of the metacritic reviews

Too many have hearing problems, they reach too high, she's again accused of ripping off Madonna. This is not normal. 

They have personal vendetta. 

FreePalestine

Just now, ShockPop said:

Mention of ARTPOP, her tour in 2009, red one... But most of all the thing that's bugging me is them not understanding the simplest of lyrics or ideas. It's like they're trying to play dumb so they can rate the album badly.

The reviews are rarely based on the album.

Actually it puts the album in context. If she's switching the genre that inspires her and they think it's an inauthentic transition they have to mention the past transitions that they've made

Just now, YourSweet666 said:

Too many have hearing problems, they reach too high, she's again accused of ripping off Madonna. This is not normal. 

They have personal vendetta. 

who is they? you decide to lump together all people who don't like her instead of acknowledging that we are all individuals with opinions.... Some gaga criticisms are valid, it's not that serious of an issue

The Surrealist
38 minutes ago, Jed said:

except some people read through the musical criticisms and get right to the personal ones and then make comments like the one you just did

I agree with you on people having the right to dislike the album, but you can make percentages on how much they write about her music and how much they do about her image.

2 minutes ago, Klou said:

*Reads your statement then goes and listens to album*

Nope. Don't agree :awkney:

I said I liked several of the songs and my statement wasn't about the album it was about how the album was being discussed

Sylvanas

My issue is that every review is saying that this album is a dishonest and calculated response to the 'failures' of ARTPOP. It's slander. It's assumption, and it's a blatant lie used to paint Gaga and this album in a negative light. Criticize the music all you want but the moment you call Gaga a character trying on masks, on this album of all things, it's insulting.

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

Archived