Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Metacritic rigged against Gaga?

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Hear me out before you call me delusional.

Metacritic assigned the New York Times review of Joanne a 40/100, even though the reviewer did not rate the album. The front page description describes the album as an artistic failure, despite the score currently being in their realm of "generally favourable reviews" (with 64/100).

In addition to that, the metascore of the album has not been updated after a string of positive reviews from Rolling Stone and Pretty Much Amazing (and one lukewarm one from PopMatters), but before was swiftly updated when a string of mixed/negative reviews came in?

I call rigga morris.

KleinGa

YESS!!! All rigged against us!

That damn Hillary paying Metacritic and the media!!!! 

giphy.gif

DeanWinchester

It wasn't updated yet. Plus because Gaga tries to be a true and honest artist, more people will see her as pretentious and put up on a higher standard, even more so because of her massive debut

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

djBuffoon

Citing an album as a failure with only (at that point) four reviews up? Yeah, I'd say something is up.

I mean, look at the summaries for two other albums released today:

-The debut full-length release for the collaboration between Anderson .Paak and Knxwledge features two tracks from their 2015 EP.

-The 14th full-length studio release for the Canadian singer-songwriter was produced by his son.

Even the summaries for Lemonade and 25 don't offer an opinion on the album, just the basic production credits. So why do it for Joanne?

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, viniferrett said:

They just updated it

It has 65 now :laughga:

Rolling Stone & PopMatters were just added as I made this thread, but the 83 from Pretty Much Amazing (that has been around for a few hours now) wasn't.

Quelle surprise. :nails:

GhettoFabulous
1 minute ago, djBuffoon said:

Citing an album as a failure with only (at that point) four reviews up? Yeah, I'd say something is up.

I mean, look at the summaries for two other albums released today:

-The debut full-length release for the collaboration between Anderson .Paak and Knxwledge features two tracks from their 2015 EP.

-The 14th full-length studio release for the Canadian singer-songwriter was produced by his son.

Even the summaries for Lemonade and 25 don't offer an opinion on the album, just the basic production credits. So why do it for Joanne?

Exactly, they're being biased. They're a$$e$ need to be exposed.

DeanWinchester

All music is added just now, and the score is a 65, higher than a basic nonweighted average of about 64

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

lxdygxga

No, I don't think they're rigged against Gaga - just because it's not as highly acclaimed as we'd hoped (yet), doesn't mean there's a vendetta against her. Granted some of the reviews make zero sense and do make me question if they've even listened and understood the album, but that's a byproduct of reviews. It happens to everyone at some point.

This is a highly personal album, and we all know her so well that the music just speaks to us and we "get it". Not everyone does - a shame perhaps, but let's just be glad we do. A Metacritic score doesn't devalue that this is a great album.

Levine

I think the worst thing the stan world could do, was giving to these critics too much importance and attention.

10 minutes ago, Levine said:

I think the worst thing the stan world could do, was giving to these critics too much importance and attention.

I would normally be saying the same thing "ignore it, and it will go away". However, this bullsh-t is constant, Gaga always gets it worse than others and it's no surprise that not only her fanbase but she herself is fed up of it. There is no logic behind the hate that comes her way, just attacks on her authenticity. 

But when certain artists have a village come up with everything for them, they are praised to the high heavens. I'm team #callthemout

Archived