Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Curious to see how you interpret "come to mama"

Letmelivemylife

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife

The beauty of music is that it's meant to be interpreted. Someone can hear an song and say "this is what I think it means" and then someone else will say "hmmm interesting this is what I think it means". Personally I think "come to mama" is gagas way of telling us "the world is a scary place but you can come to me when it just gets to be too much and I'll protect you". No matter how old she gets, she'll always be "mother monster" just as we'll always be "monsters" to her no matter how old we get. No matter how old we get, her maternal instinct will always drive her to want to shield and protect us from the big bad world. That's my interpretation. I'm curious to hear yours

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Quartz

I see the lyric come to mama not directly relating to Gaga. I imagine my own mom singing that part, consoling the little kid in me that everything's gonna be alright. It's like the song wants us to be innocent children again, carefree and loved.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

AyaKara

I interpret it that Gaga will do her best to use her platform to fight for social justice and that we can rely on her to do that.

Such a good song, it reminds me of the 60s, like Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations musically. :flutter:

DeanWinchester

It's finding shelter/solace or providing comfort for a loved one

what I don't understand is the "rainbows did more than they ever did" line :saladga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

BoomKack

To me some of the lyrics sound like they're talking about the progress of LGBT rights

"Man, it wasn't that long ago we were all living in the jungle"

"Well, I say rainbows did more than they've ever done"

AlexanderLevi2

When I saw the tracklist, I expected Come To Mama to sound like Dancin' in Circles :toofunny:

Currently listening to Joanne

DeanWinchester
Just now, AyaKara said:

Such a good song, it reminds me of the 60s, like Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations musically. :flutter:

Mine is the Beatles (lyrically) meets Be My baby (sonically)

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Letmelivemylife
5 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

748277696_169951.gif

Hahaha it does have a bit of a Christmas-y vibe 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

I played whole album to my mom and in first half I played the songs I liked the most and then in the other half I only played a half of  each song, and CTM was one of them. My mom didn't just request to play it in whole, but to repeat it. It is my mom's favorite song on Joanne.

5 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

When I saw the tracklist, I expected Come To Mama to sound like Dancin' in Circles :toofunny:

Glad I'm not the only one :smh: Tbf I remember some people from the listening party describing it as "sexy" which now's got me like :duck: 

Archived