Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Think Gaga Low Key Dragged Madonna ?

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

Gaga said to Beats1: 

"Madonna and I are very different, just saying I wouldn't make that comparison at all. I don't mean to disrespect Madonna. She's a nice lady. And she's had a fantastic huge career. She's the biggest pop star of all time. But I play a lot of instruments, I write all my own music. I spend hours and hours a day in the studio, I'm a producer, I'm a writer. What I do is different. I'm not just rehearsing over and over again to put on a show. There's a spontaneity in my work. I allow myself to fail, I allow myself to break, I'm not afraid to of my flaws. There are major differences between me and her. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, I just will not be compared to anyone anymore. I am who the f**k I am."

She started with nice words, then low key dragged Madonna. At first, she expresses her respect for Madonna, and says that she is the biggest pop start, then continues with a BUT which implies that she will talk about differences between her and Madonna. Then she says that she writes her own music, plays instrument, she is a writer, and producer; which implies that Madonna doesn't play instruments, write her own music... 

Moreover, we all know that Gaga's performances are more theatrical, then perfectly engineered like Madonna's performances but Gaga shows her difference from Madonna again from a higher tone by saying that she is not afraid of her flaws but Madonna does ?!?!

I think this interview might cause Gaga-Madonna drama again. Back in 2011, music critics turned against Gaga because of Madonna dispute where Madonna was to blame but these words of Gaga can ignite the feud again to be honest. I do not care what would Madonna think but Madonna is the most influential pop star alive, what she thinks influences many other. GP is not included in that many others but lots of music critics, magazine reporters etc. 

Like Gaga never got anything out of Madonna feud, I think she could have chosen her words much better to avoid possibility of igniting a drama. What do you think about it ?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lextyr97

No, not at all. I think it was just misinterpreted, and Gaga just said what she wanted to say incorrectly. I perceived it as, "I make my music from scratch. I have no intent in copying anyone." That's what I got out of it.

Robo Ga

I am glad she said what she said. It's about time Gaga stood up for herself.  I love confident Gaga. The one who can say "F**k off, I'm the best."  She has the support of so many absolutely LEGENDARY artists. She does not need respect from an old hag who talked sh*t about her and Elton for years.  I think Gaga was actually pretty respectful with her comments. If it was me, I would've had less restraint and probably would've dragged her harder. 

🤖⚡️

Just now, TylerBR97 said:

No, not at all. I think it was just misinterpreted, and Gaga just said what she wanted to say incorrectly. I perceived it as, "I make my music from scratch. I have no intent in copying anyone." That's what I got out of it.

Ah ok. Now you explained it that way I get it. 

display name

No. Gaga was just making it clear that she creates music. She does her own thing with her own ideas, instruments, abilities, et cetera. She doesn't just rip a page out of the Madonna handbook.

AlphaMonster
3 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I don't know if there was anything low-key about it.

Well, Gags clearly dragged M to anyone with above mediocre communications skills. I just said low-key because she started off by paying respect to Madonna to avoid causing drama but it seemed more like laying the foundation to what will come next. I am sure Gaga knows that M plays instruments, and write her own music but I honestly think Gaga did not think before speaking. 

display name
1 minute ago, CoCo1 said:

It was an extremely pretentious response whether she intended it as a 'drag' or not.

Really? How is it pretentious? Does Gaga not spend time in studios, play instruments, or write songs?

AlphaMonster
6 minutes ago, VAMP said:

No. Gaga was just making it clear that she creates music. She does her own thing with her own ideas, instruments, abilities, et cetera. She doesn't just rip a page out of the Madonna handbook.

I think this is what Gaga tried to convey but the way she expresses it can easily lay the foundation for a new feud. :interestinga:

Just now, AlphaMonster said:

Well, Gags clearly dragged M to anyone with above mediocre communications skills. I just said low-key because she started off by paying respect to Madonna to avoid causing drama but it seemed more like laying the foundation to what will come next. I am sure Gaga knows that M plays instruments, and write her own music but I honestly think Gaga did not think before speaking. 

She seemed caught off guard by the question, even a little angry, and gave an honest response.

She meant that she doesn't have to copy anyone for God ****ing sake :saladga:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

display name
Just now, AlphaMonster said:

I think this is what Gaga tried to convey but the way she expresses it can easily lay the foundation for a new feud. :interestinga:

I do think her phrasing was poorly thought out. At the very least, I do not think she wanted to put down Madonna. She's just obviously tired of the endless comparisons, and really, she just looked tired.

Archived