đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

'Joanne' User Reviews Megathread

Canon

Featured Posts

I love everything about this album, love every song, love all the themes and personal stories and the sound of the album is fantastic. My only criticism is that Angel Down (Work Tape) is the last song on the Deluxe, I feel like JAD would have been a fine closer without the addition of that, but otherwise I give it 10/10 :whitney:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Ryan

1. Diamond Heart -  Joanne lays her heart out and not afraid for it to be taken. (10/10)
2. A-YO - No matter where you are this song can guarantee a D.U.I. in your home (10/10)
3. Joanne - A lovely ballad about her aunt and I believe herself living life while you're here as well as when you're gone. (10/10)
4. Dancin' In Circles - This song makes you unafraid to touch yourself in even a crowd of people in your local bathhouse. Before, make you sure you funk downtown (10/10)
5. Perfect Illusion - perfect relationship, perfect sex, perfect amphetamine... perfect everything but it all goes to ruin once you realize it's only real in your head and that fascination alone is not enough any longer to believe it was love. It was just a mistake. However, you want to revisit it because it's fun even with the impending consequences. The best track off the album. (10/10)
6. Million Reasons - a love that one wants to let go, but any broken hearted romantic wants to always try one last to save love before they move on. A powerful ballad and perhaps one of her best ballads of her career. (10/10)
7. Sinner's Prayer - A life song for a person who sucks at love, but will admit it in the beginning... to hopefully blossom into a great romance. It's about being insecure to open one's self to love. A prayer to not end life without a husband or wife on your right or left in the after life. (10/10)
8. Come To Mama - It sounds like she's singing in a burlesque bar and putting on a peep show for the fellas ala Christina Aguilera and Cher in the timeless musical called "Burlesque". She brings her jazz transformation into this song from working "Cheek to Cheek" with Tony Bennett in the most glorious way. (10/10)
9. Hey Girl - perhaps one of the best songs off the album. It paints a picture of your head of your teenage years, same-sex affair, opposite-sex affair to chant to friends for days, and just makes you feel like you're having a good time even if it's just a party in your head. (10/10)
10. Angel Down - talks about the chaos, inequality, and suffrage people are facing today concerning the lives lost to police brutality, criminal justice systems, and everyone trying to make the change even though their words seem meek. She's aware of the pain and refuses not to help an angel ... although the soul has left the body. (10/10)

Bonus Tracks

11. Grigio Girls - a group of girls who just don't **** give a ****. "Spice girl in this bitch!" (10/10)
12. Just Another Day - a song about just having fun and being okay about one not being perfect or getting on someone's nerves... it's inevitable. This track can make any sour day into a joyous occasion if you abide by it's rules set in song. (10/10)
13. Angel Down (Work Tape) - a reprise of the last track from the standard edition of "Joanne". It offers more blues, character, and fight. Great way to end. (10/10)

Overall: 10/10

beboskoukla

At first i thought the album would sorry suck... but i was still happy for new music.. and i first listend to it at 8 am and i love every single song!!!!!! Amazing!!!! Its not like her older stuff but still amazing. Ayo reminds me of MANiCURE and john wayne  is heavy metal lover 2.0 for me i love it #Joanne

xoxo, Katarina

misunderstood

I love this album! Some songs that are going to have to grow on me: Joanne, Sinner's Prayer, Hey Girl, Angel Down, and Grigio Girls. My top 5 are: John Wayne, Diamond Heart, Dancin' In Circles, Come To Mama, and A-YO.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

misunderstood

If I had to rate each song I can't do out of 10 but I can do out of 5.

1. Diamond Heart - 5/5 

2. A-YO - 5/5

3. Joanne - 3/5

4. John Wayne - 5/5

5. Dancin' In Circles - 5/5

6. Perfect Illusion - 5/5

7. Million Reasons - 5/5

8. Sinner's Prayer - 2/5

9. Come To Mama - 5/5

10. Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch) - 3/5

11. Angel Down - 2/5

12. Grigio Girls - 3/5

13. Just Another Day - 4/5

14. Angel Down (Work Tape) - 2/5

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

ShockPop

Ok I'll be honest.

Diamond heart: 9/10. Just want to drop the roof of a stolen convertible, blast this and travel route 66.

Ayo: 8/10. This didn't get me instantly, only the chorus. Then I turned the volume up. My ears were pleading for more.

Joanne 8/10. The melody bugs me a bit. It's in the wrong place on the album also. I cried on first listen but I would prefer it later.

John Wayne 10/10. Bring me a cowboy to ride.

Dancin in circles 10/10. This is so Ace of Base I can't. I love it so much. Filthy.

Sinner's prayer 8/10. I love it. I love to sing it. I love the opening lines so much. Lyrically brilliant... But doesn't really go anywhere.

Perfect Illusion 7/10. Weakest song on the album. Passionate but not very emotive for me in any sense.

Million Reasons 10/10. Can we talk about verse 2? Wow. Such emotion, great vocal.

Come to mama 9/10. You have to be in the mood for a race anthem. It's better played loud and drags equality actions to he'll if they ain't rainbow.

Hey girl 7/10. I hope it grows on me. It just feels dull and not the most well thought out. The intention is there. But it's fun to sing and the instrumental is great.

Angel Down 10/10. Powerful, dramatic. The effects on the instrumental are brilliant and the imagery projected by this soulful track are brilliant. Wish she had belted out a chorus more though.

Grigio girls 8/10. She loves her friend so much she made a great song with fantastic singability.

Just another day 10/10. Vintage gaga, this made me smile from start to end. Shout out to Brian Newman! 

Angel down (worktape) 10/10. I can imagine this at Woodstock (Glastonbury?) Filled with tears. So beautiful. Nicer vocal too.

All in all 9/10!

KarmaPolice
11 minutes ago, GagaSavedMe said:

Aww all of u are sheep.. im not feelin the album but i bought it so

Just because you didn't like it, does it mean we are all sheeps? Logic uh?

giphy.gif

GagaSavedMe
5 minutes ago, Tommi said:

Just because you didn't like it, does it mean we are all sheeps? Logic uh?

giphy.gif

Wat did u like abt it and wats ur fav songs? I like John Wayne and Joanne

Raul Germanotta

My initial thoughts after listening to each song once (and some a few times).

Diamond Heart, John Wayne, and Dancing' in Circles are absolute killers. Gaga blows me away with those.

The rest, meh....

Gaga Monster

I need to listen to it again, but it just doesnt feel right if that makes sense. Some of the lyrics weren't good, the screaming in some songs wasn't good, and the chorus in DIC was a big letdown. The style just doesnt suit her and her writing skills aren't good in this style, she should stick with pop. My review might change, but this is my first thought

GGD Presidential Elections

Gaga Monster

First Listen Review (Will Probably Change)

BOLD= Good Songs

Diamond Heart (9/10)

A YO (8/10)

Joanne (6/10)

John Wayne (9/10)

Dancin In Circles (8/10) 

Perfect Illusion (9/10)

Million Reasons (9/10)

Sinners Prayer (6.5/10)

Come To Mama (5/10)

Hey Girl (7/10)

Angel Down (6/10)

Grigio Girl (6/10)

Just Another Day (6/10)

OVERALL REVIEW: Her worst solo album to date, but it isnt horrible. First album I can't connect to every song. Too many fillers. THIS WAS MY FIRST LISTEN, SO MY REVIEW CAN CHANGE

1 minute ago, Gaga Monster said:

First Listen Review (Will Probably Change)

BOLD= Good Songs

Diamond Heart (9/10)

A YO (8/10)

Joanne (6/10)

John Wayne (9/10)

Dancin In Circles (8/10) 

Perfect Illusion (9/10)

Million Reasons (9/10)

Sinners Prayer (6.5/10)

Come To Mama (5/10)

Hey Girl (7/10)

Angel Down (6/10)

Grigio Girl (6/10)

Just Another Day (6/10)

OVERALL REVIEW: Her worst solo album to date, but it isnt horrible. First album I can't connect to every song. Too many fillers. THIS WAS MY FIRST LISTEN, SO MY REVIEW CAN CHANGE

This is insulting omg :air: 

It better change :neyde: 

Spoiler

Jk opinions are opinions even when they're so misguided ;) 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Gaga Monster
Just now, Stef said:

This is insulting omg :air: 

It better change :neyde: 

Hide contents

Jk opinions are opinions even when they're so misguided ;) 

It will probably change! This was my first listen! Songs usually grow on me!

Yo GagaGaga

Diamond Heart- 10/10

A-YO- 7/10

Joanne- 9/10

John Wayne- 9/10

Dancin in Circles- 7/10

Perfect Illusion- 6/10

Million Reasons- 8/10

Sinner's Prayer- 7/10

Come to Mama- 7.5/10

Hey Girl- 6/10