💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

'Joanne' User Reviews Megathread

Canon

Featured Posts

Diamond Heart - I love the chorus of this song. it's so catchy and I love the way she sings "do you have a girlfriend". the verses and bridge give me such a classic rock vibe. 9/10

A-Yo - I enjoy the studio version a lot more than the live version. it's definitely a fun country pop song with a banging intrustemental. I wish the chorus was a little more developed, though. it's a good party track. 7.5/10

Joanne - I love the meaning of the song and it definitely has its beautiful moments (ex. the "where do you think you're going?" part is stunning) but it's kind of a jumbled up mess at parts. the production is also kind of meh. 6.5/10

John Wayne - the part when she is talking in the beginning:giveup: those verses are FIRE. the beat is superb during the chorus. just a rock anthem. 9/10

Dancin In Circles - this BOP! it's so sexy and catchy:classy: that talking part gets me everytime. "let's funk downtown" - ICONIC. 10/10

Perfect Illusion - disappointing lead single is dissapointing. Gaga should've known better, tbh. the lyrics are weak and the production is perhaps some of the worst on the album and of her career. 5/10

Million Reasons - the only song on this album that made me emotional. the chorus is so beautiful and the way Gaga sings it:saira: hands down the best ballad on the album. Simple and effective. 10/10

Sinner's Prayer - I would probably consider this the most "country" moment of the album. it sounds like it should be on the soundtrack to a western movie. it's cinematic and epic. 8.5/10

Come to Mama - I don't feel this one too much but it might grow on me. it's so happy and cheerful and the production is great on it tho. :heart: major Stefani vibes. it's also a little bit long. 6/10

Hey Girl - electronic jazz funk r n b ANTHEM. best production on the album, too. tell me this isn't the classiest pop song of Gaga's career??! she just DID that. that bridge is EPIC. "hold hands like we were seventeen again" 10/10

Angel Down - it's pretty, but it's not one of my favorites. compared to Speechless, The Edge of Glory, Dope, and Brown Eyes, it just feels so bland. the part at the end is kinda cool. 7/10

Grigio Girls - another okay song. it really does sound like Try Everything by Shakira. the lyrics seem so personal and honest, though. 7/10

Just Another Day - Stefani just CAME BACK. it's such a cutesy pop song:sara:  9/10

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Bad Romance xxx said:

Not even close. I have nothing good to say about this album. I have no idea what she's doing anymore.

And i should care because?

Joanne is not a good album. It's just mediocre. Everything she attempts has either been done 100x better by herself years ago, or it has been done 100x better by one of her"basic" peers recently. What I am happy about is that now I can appreciate ARTPOP a lot more  Maybe it wasn't that bad after all.

It's funny how you guys are having meltdowns over critics not liking the album. You guys refuse to get your personal bias out of the way and try to see where they're coming from. A lot of their criticisms are valid and incredibly true. 

I think that if she released an album that delivered amazing country/rock/funk (whatever) then critics and ppl would be happy. What we got was a bunch of pop songs that were dressed up in some decorations of other genres, I think a lot of people who aren't impressed just don't like it because the songs are somewhere between regular pop and other genres, but not really going any which way fully.

I still remember the backlash against Rihanna's FourFiveSeconds release or the criticism of Beyoncé "inauthentically" adapting country in Daddy Lessons.  And for all you hypocrites who have used PI to claim Gaga is above those "generic tropical bops the GP is loving", now you suddenly adore Dancin in Circles? It sounds like something you guys would say is basic if Rihanna released it. 

As long as you're not claiming Joanne is a unique unprecedented brave move for a pop star, or that she's setting a new standard for pop music, and she's deviating from her peers in terms of making "real" music, and that she's the only pop star who could successfully pull off this type of thing vocally... then enjoy the album. 

n66r8p.jpg

Bad Romance xxx
11 hours ago, Adakam said:

And i should care because?

When did I ask you to care? I stated my opinion, you don't agree. No problem.

I am not happy I feel the way I do. But, I guess if you don't like everything she does, you need not bother posting here.

1 minute ago, Bad Romance xxx said:

When did I ask you to care? I stated my opinion, you don't agree. No problem.

I am not happy I feel the way I do. But, I guess if you don't like everything she does, you need not bother posting here.

You quoted me denying my opinion, and you now imply that im a blind fan that likes everything she does, dont ask me to respect your opinion, respect goes both ways, dont quote me with your **** if youre not able to take an answer

Mister Gaga

Diamond Heart - Love it. Nice start, very autobiographical. It shows her vocals (the new style) and that chorus is a classic Gaga. My favorite. 9/10

A-Yo - Flawless combination between pop, rock and country. It shows Gaga's versatility, not only on genres, but also on her voice. I liked it INSTANTLY, at the first listen. Catchy as hell. Should have been the lead. I'd give a 10 if it wasn't for the bridge (it feels kinda empty imo). 8/10

Joanne - Nice and emotional ballad, the hook is one of the bests of the album. It's lyrics are kinda sloppy and her vocals are kinda strange, but i like it anyway. 7/10

John Wayne - Ok, so i don't get all the love for this song. Where's the highlight? Joanne's HML? No way. The chorus is empty imo, it doesn't work well. It's just meh, and almost a filler (IMO) 4/10

Dancin In Circles -Probably, the poppiest song on the album, a natural continuation of Sexxx Dreams. Really catchy, i like the spoken parts, and it successfully follows the tropical trend of 2016. But, still, it's nothing special. 7/10

Perfect Illusion - horrible choice for a lead single imo. won't judge it for that; i'll just judge for the music, but i had to make the comment. PI is (ironically) perfect for a club; if you didn't listen to it while being drunk or high...well..TRY IT. It will blow your mind. It's a 3 minute bullet of adrenaline. It's a rollercoaster. It doesn't fit on Joanne tho, and the production is kinda meh, but her vocals are incredible. 6/10

Million Reasons - as gaga herself said on ARTPOP, sometimes the simplest move is right. Well, she was right. Simple, effective, emotional, well sung, nice production. The last phrase (baby i just need one good one to stay) is so, so direct, you can hear the pain. 9/10

Sinner's Prayer - Very cinematic, nice verses, her vocals are on point, until the final chorus, where she changes the key; it sounds too forced imo. I never thought that i'd like a song as country as this one, but i do. 7/10

Come to Mama - Ok, so this song is severely underrated. Meaningful message, amazing vocals, the chorus is so catchy...Joanne's TEOG. It doesn't sound like a Christmas song imo. It's way more jazzy. I love it. 8/10

Hey Girl - Huge disappointment. Two of the best vocalists of our generation, and they deliver this...offensively boring, they could have use their amazing voices and songwriting abilities, but we got this dull and (ineffective) female empowerment song. Bye. 2/10

Angel Down - Nice message, could have been better. I don't have much to say about this one...it still doesn't click, something's missing, but anyway i like it. It seems mysterious to me. And it works as the final song. 6/10

Final note: 6.6

Glamourpuss

I am a honest person and my review might come across as a bit harsh because there aren't many 10/10's but I'm not one of those people whose weaves get easily snatched. 

Diamond Heart - This was surprisingly really good. I thought it was a hit the first time I heard it. The only bad thing I have to say is that she gets a bit shouty and I can't make out what she is saying in the bridge. But the lyrics and melody are all great and I love the line "I may not be flawless but you know I've got a diamond heart". 8/10

A-Yo - I can see why this is a fan favourite. It's so catchy and gets stuck in your head. It is one of my faves alongside a couple others. 8/10

Joanne - This took me a few listens to fully appreciate it. I think it's a bit too basic for what I would have liked it to be. However, it is a truly lovely song and I can understand why her father cried. She has captured the moment just right as though she was there in the room holding Joanne's hand and stroking her hair as she is laying on her death bed with her loved ones around her. It really got me when she finishes the line "every part of my aching heart needs you more than the angels do". I cry every time I listen to it. 7/10

John Wayne - This is one of my favourites on the album. The style of it seems so Gaga. I could imagine this being part of the BTW album. I like the 80's style synths at the end. Not keen on the Sex Dreams style bridge though because I didn't like that bridge but I think that part will grow on me on this track. 9/10

Dancing In Circles - This was my most anticipated track of the album because she worked with Beck on this. I don't really know how I feel about this track. I don't hate it but I don't love it either, yet I can't stop listening to it. I can't get into the "tap down those boots while I beat around" parts. I sort of like that part but I think it's how it sounds that I'm not sure about. The Ace of Base style verses are amazing and remind me a little of Alejandro but it's a totally different song.  But I honestly expected this to have more of Beck's stamp on it. However, like John Wayne this is another track that I feel has Gaga's stamp all over it so maybe it's a good thing that there isn't too much of a Beck influence. I really don't like the jungle noises at the end. 8/10

Come To Mama - The biggest surprise on the album for me. It was my least favorite snippet but the song turned out to be a gem. At first I thought it was cringeworthy cheese but on the second listen I understood why it was trending on Twitter when it leaked. It's such a special song. It has Christmassy vibes too but I think it works. I've always thought that she has the style of voice that would work well in old sounding songs and this track is a great example of that. This and Just Another Day. 8/10

Hey Girl - I hated it on the first listen. Then skipped it when I listened to the album the next 2 times. But I forced myself to give it a chance and I can appreciate it a lot more now. At first I thought the synths were too much because I didn't like the over the top retro style. But it reminds me so much of Prince, Bowie and Elton (in a good way) and I like the last part of the song when they are singing and the voices fade out. It's such a cool song. I still feel like there needed to be more though because it's lacking something. 6/10

Sinner's Prayer - This is such a great song. I think I still prefer the dive bar live version though because it seemed to be a bit darker. But the style of this suits Gaga well. I like the country style guitar riff. 10/10

Angel Down - Wow! I was blown away. This song is phenomenal. The meaning behind the lyrics and the style she sings in is spot on because you can feel the emotion so perfectly. It's not like Dope where the singing style ruins the song. I just wish there was more of a bridge and not the wailing ooohs. Also, when she sings "life's a trial" and then ends the verse with "oh oh oh" it bugs me a little because it's like she was supposed to sing some other words there. However, this track is a masterpiece and I also like the work tape version because when I listened to it with headphones it sounded a bit like a live performance. 9/10

Grigio Girls - I actually love this song more than others and think it shouldn't be just on the deluxe version. I think she got the vibe right if this is about Sonja and her friends. It has such a lovely feel good vibe. 9/10

Just Another Day - I thought this was amazing. I love the jolly happy feel and I think this style of song suits her voice perfectly. It's my favourite of all of Joanne and I hope to hear more of this style from Gaga one day. 10/10

Perfect Illusion - This sounds so much better as part of an album. I think because it was a first single we were far too critical and judged it too much. It's a really good song as part of a bunch of others because you can appreciated the uniqueness of it alot more. I thought I was bored of this track now but I still bop to it on the album. 7/10

Million Reasons - I think Gaga has done great with showing the emotions in this song. I think the lyrics are a bit basic though in all honesty and far too repetitive. However, if Adele released this it would be number 1. 7/10

My overall opinion of the album is that Gaga has delivered us something above and beyond what I was expecting. I knew she was going to create something amazing and even believed that it would be the album we didn't know we wanted because I've learnt that Gaga is unpredictable. She gave me what I wanted and more and I thank her wholeheartedly for that. If the critics don't like it then it must be for some other reason because the music is excellent. 

doppelganger

Joanne is her best album.

It's a little old school at times, but that's not a bad thing for the statement that Gaga is making with her songwriting.

I really enjoy the lyrics, which are leaps and bounds from any other Gaga albums in terms of maturity. I'm  relieved that for the most part she's moved on from abstract lyricism. Lyrically, these set of songs make a strong and concise message. In that sense the album is clasically a pop album.

My favourite songs:

Million Reasons 10

Angel Down 10

Sinners Prayers 10

Just Another Day 10

Come To Mama 9

Hey Girl 9

These need to grow on me:

Diamond Heart 7

A Yo 7

Joanne 7

Kind of don't care for John Wayne, Grigio Girls and Dancin In Circles - songs that are structurally more complex. 

lxdygxga

Finally, I got to listen to this. It honestly was worth the wait, it's a really beautiful collection. She should be immensely proud of what she's achieved with this one. Her intentions all the way back in December at the Woman of the Year interview, of speaking on a human level, are achieved tenfold. I love the uptempo Lana vibes to it, the Fleetwood Mac vibes. It's a real reboot of her sound from the other four, and it's entirely welcome. This is everything I didn't know I needed from Gaga, but that I'm glad she served.

Diamond Heart - I was not sure what to expect when this one started, but wow, did it really shock me. Honestly my favorite track so far. There's something so anthemic about it, the pre-chorus, the amazing production. This is perhaps the most 'Gaga song' on the album, and I truly love it.

A-YO - This is so upbeat and just, feels so fun. I have a lot of fun listening to it, it feels very warm and inviting production wise, and I can't help myself but dance to it. I really love this one - and I wouldn't expect to.

Joanne - Not what I was expecting, and it took me a couple of listens for it to hit me. I was expecting some harrowing, howling, screaming weepy ballad, and this felt more sweet, more intimate. Really like this one, and I think it's going to grow even more.

John Wayne - Amazing. Just amazing. So dark, so sexy. If A-YO is having fun in the hoedown, John Wayne is getting ****ed in the truck afterwards.

Dancin' in Circles - Again, not really what I expected when she said a dance song, but another happy surprise. This feel likes No Doubt meets Ace of Base, with a heavy dose of Alejandro and La Isla Bonita within it. A really great song, and I found myself bopping along instantly. A big TFM vibe to this, her deep vocals are beautiful, and when she screams that final line before the outtro, it's just electric.

Perfect Illusion - Sounds even better in the context of the album.

Million Reasons - Same as above. A really beautiful song.

Sinner's Prayer - I expected something much darker from the lyrics and description - sort of like Bloody Mary, but this is the opposite. But I do like this. I'm expecting it to grow on me a lot.

Come to Mama - I went into this expecting to really hate it, honestly. It sounded kitsch and silly, but actually it works very well, and I enjoyed it much more than I expected to. This one was really nostalgic for me, and reminded me of when I was young, and this being the type of music playing at family gatherings etc.

Hey Girl - Production wise, not what I expected - far, far better. Their voices mesh beautifully, and this is an excellent collaboration. It lacks the frenetic energy of Telephone or the swagger of Do What U Want, but fits in its own lane of her collaborations. A highlight.

Angel Down - Stunning in every way. Already my favorite ballad of hers by far. The topic feels so prominent, and it really spoke to me. Beautiful.

Grigio Girls - Slightly on the fence about this one. The message touched me, and I got a real kick out of the Spice Girls namedrop, but I'm hoping this one is a grower.

Just Another Day - Very Red and Blue, it feels like Stefani timewarped onto the album. I really enjoyed it, it was a nice cool down to the album. Reallllllly reminds me of Blueberry Kisses.

Angel Down (Work Tape) - I think this reflects the raw nature of the content very nicely, but it feels unnecessary and the abrupt end closes the album out strangely for me. I'd have rather had another new song embedded somewhere in here.

Honestly the fans who wanted an electronic dance pop album are going to LOATHE this record.  

There are electronic elements embedded throughout though. This album definitely is NOT country. 

I do feel like this album might age better since it's not all synthy like the other albums.

If Diamond Heart, John Wayne and Dancin in Circles aren't singles, she might as well just finish college and do something else. :nails:

What will make or break this era are the music videos. The hit songs are there. If she decides to be lazy (TEOG, Perfect Illusion), we might as well prep for LG6.  

She finally started doing ballads right. 

Hello to everyone! I have been watching this site closely for the past month and now I finally decided to join. I guess there is no better way to kick off than writing a short review for Joanne.

Diamond Heart - 9.5/10 :giveup:

Could be the best opener ever! Pop/rock explosion and beautiful lyrics make up for my top 3 on this album.

A-YO - 8.5/10

When I realised the album will be more country/rock, I wanted songs like this one in order to work for me. And it did. Besides A-YO, A-YO, we smokin' them all bland part I have no major complaint. 

Joanne - 7.5/10

I am feeling the lyrics, but construction of the song and the melody itself are quite uninspired. 

John Wayne - 10/10 :diane:

The best! Spoken intro, lyrics which blow my imagination, crazy electronic/rock instrumental... Everything is perfect! Needs to become a single accompanied with a fabulous video featuring Gaga behind he wheel.

Dancin' in Circles - 9.5/10

Cyndi Lauper's She Bop of our time. 'Nuff said.

Perfect Illusion - 9/10

Last minute should have been the whole song. Then it would be a perfect 10. Nevertheless, a standout track which I started to appreciate only after listening to it for cca 50 times.

Million Reasons - 6.5/10

Repetition works for duet with Florence, but not for this one. It's a nice ballad, but I really start to hate word million after listening to it.

Sinner's Prayer - 8/10

Guitar riffs kill me every time. Very filmic.

Come to Mama - 9/10

Indeed a nice surprise. Love the jazzy/Christmasy vibe. 

Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch) - 9/10

When I heard Gaga and Flo joining forces for a song, I knew I will love it. Eltonjohnesque vibe and their complimenting voices are heaven. A bit too much repetition and uninspired ending fend off a perfect score.

Angel Down - 10/10 :sharon:

Best ballad by Gaga. Ever! Haunting melody, gorgeous and touching lyrics, abstract, yet beautiful ending... Everything is exactly as it should be. Possibly the best closing song. 

Grigio Girls - 8/10

Excellent addition to the album. Brings me to my secondary school riddled with wine over weekends. Very cute song. 

Just Another Day - 7/10

The Beatles are in the house! It's a fun song, but I find nothing extraordinary or interesting enough to play it on repeat. 

Angel Down (Work Tape) - totally unnecessary IMHO. I will not even rate it. 

To conclude, I absolutely love new Gaga! What Rihanna made with Anti, Gaga did with Joanne. Cohesion is barely there, but that is one of the things I like the most about this album. So many genres, so many themes and they all fit together in this country/rock/dance/pop/folk/whatever explosion. Not her best album, but it sets the stage for Joanne 2.0, pop/dance explosions such as BR or even something completely new. Time will tell. :D

Overall - 9/10

jajagaga1896

Must say, I honestly have found Joanne to be her best work to date. I was not expecting to even genuinely enjoy the album after the singles that were released, and was surprised past what I thought I would ever be.

In fact, now that I have listened to the album as a whole, both Perfect Illusion, A-Yo, and even Million Reasons fit better. I get them, and have an enhanced respect and appreciation for both songs. Them as singles just did not convey the actual feeling of the album, however.

I think Gaga has finally relocated herself in the world of music, successfully. She is no longer a pop star. This album has solidified her as a music star who's talents range and who can successfully reinvent herself. This time, the focus is on the music. The music is still catchy and wonderful, but the lyrics, production, and overall sentiment have reached a new, more mature and deliberate place.

Gaga owns her prowess in every song off the album. For me, songs Dancin' In Circles, John Wayne, and Diamond Heart best exemplify the status of where Gaga finds herself. Her delivery and production have matured, and she now can convey her inner artistic resonance fluidly and without outside interference. 

ARTPOP, though I was an overall fan of the record, had to occur to bottom Gaga out of the pop/electronic/dance world. It was the best effort she could have given considering she was in the act of selling out her previous themes and messaging. It was as genuine and artistic an effort could be, considering the pop empire she built could no longer stand over its own weight. In a way, everything she had done was ARTPOP, and so the only thing left to do in this suffocating commercial sphere she was stuck in was to beat it to death with great tunes that just didn't quite deliver in quality or substance, as compared to her previous works, The Fame, The Fame Monster, and Born This Way, which were unaware and naive of their own place in pop enough to be construed as genuine and accepted as worthy by the general public.

Now, Gaga returns with an unexpected album with amazingly written and produced songs that are both interesting and personal. The music speaks for itself more than ever, as the songs are more than melodic or catchy - they take the instrumental value and lyrical status to a higher level, while being completely relatable to anyone who feels a connection. 

Her line, "I may not be flawless, but I have a diamond Heart," is something we all can relate to and feel at times. And we know from a soul like Gaga, she feels this deeply. John Wayne, a song about loving bad boys, also feels relatable and exciting. Dancin' In Circles, her celebration of loneliness, is something we are all looking for. When Gaga asks, "where did you go, girl," on ballad Joanne, deeper feelings of loss and missing a loved one is invoked - something most of us can uncover. 

Her themes of feminine power and it's ability to heal the world, particularly in the song Come To Mama, is refreshing and startlingly authentic, while ringing urgently necessary. Gaga comes to terms with what she wants to say to the world. It is a message of communication and peace, not so unique from her goal of Born This Way, although this rings more universal and less a LGBT tribute anthem. 

Gaga expresses herself first and foremost through her musicality, including singing and song-writing.  She seems to have learned that being a strong female artist does not mean you have to pounce out on stage with next to nothing on, grinding and gyrating to a mess of cold, fast, electronic pulses. Instead, a more earnest,original, and necessary strength comes from delivering an emotionally-charged, honest message in a manner that supports your integrity as a conscious human being and a multi-faceted artist. 

**What is most interesting, from my perspective, is that neither Perfect Illusion or A-Yo, nor Million Reasons, seemed to properly represent what the album would be like, either conceptually, lyrically, or sonically. In fact, I feel they somehow managed to gravely misrepresent the true nature of the album. Also interesting, once I heard the album in full, my perception of the three songs, including my respect for and enjoyment of each one increased tremendously and I understood their worth in the greater picture of the album. While fairly good songs on their own, when released without any context other than that they are new singles of an up-and-coming album, they appear lackluster and nearly unmistakably "terrible." Dancin' in Circles, Diamond Heart, Joanne, or a host of other songs off the album single-handedly seem to represent the albums core better than either of the singles or promo single. 

Highlights 

Dancin' In Circles [reminds me of Alejandro/TFM vibes]

John Wayne

Diamond Heart

Joanne 

On 20.10.2016 at 10:18 AM, JoanneC said:

Joanne is not a good album. It's just mediocre. Everything she attempts has either been done 100x better by herself years ago, or it has been done 100x better by one of her"basic" peers recently. What I am happy about is that now I can appreciate ARTPOP a lot more  Maybe it wasn't that bad after all.

It's funny how you guys are having meltdowns over critics not liking the album. You guys refuse to get your personal bias out of the way and try to see where they're coming from. A lot of their criticisms are valid and incredibly true. 

I think that if she released an album that delivered amazing country/rock/funk (whatever) then critics and ppl would be happy. What we got was a bunch of pop songs that were dressed up in some decorations of other genres, I think a lot of people who aren't impressed just don't like it because the songs are somewhere between regular pop and other genres, but not really going any which way fully.

I still remember the backlash against Rihanna's FourFiveSeconds release or the criticism of Beyoncé "inauthentically" adapting country in Daddy Lessons.  And for all you hypocrites who have used PI to claim Gaga is above those "generic tropical bops the GP is loving", now you suddenly adore Dancin in Circles? It sounds like something you guys would say is basic if Rihanna released it. 

As long as you're not claiming Joanne is a unique unprecedented brave move for a pop star, or that she's setting a new standard for pop music, and she's deviating from her peers in terms of making "real" music, and that she's the only pop star who could successfully pull off this type of thing vocally... then enjoy the album. 

n66r8p.jpg

I sadly agree... I am a bit disapointed. Joanne is akind of nice listen and I definately enjoy it to a degree (far more than ARTPOP). However, yes Joanne is incredible basic and done a hundred million times. It doesnt provide anything New. Its not a cohesive fusio genre album, rather a let's Take bits and pieces here and there from other genres. 

Musical The songwriting also sadly disappointing as a whole. Very cliche harmonies, chrod progression,,voucing, melody lines, nothing innovative at all. Sure, some melodies are really beautiful and would have been great with a bit of more innovative producing/m musical treatment. All in all The production is soooo done and heard thousands of times..

For example some of The beautiful coutry type melodies would have been brilliant if infused with more of The chords/ harmonies/ chordprogression used in blues and Funk . It would create a fresh Take on The idea. Also in production why not do a cleaver combination of using authentic and Acoustic Instruments and then spice things up with doing some elements as electronic or add micro bears or whatever on top of a "Acoustic" track. Or use two vocal tracks, one raw and unaltered and The other maybe heavily morphed or use heavy effects in some backing vocals combined with raw leads (and I truly hope she would have used harmonizing on The vocals from The blues or Funk side, now that would truly make country song interesting and innovative)

What really Bugs me is The Joanne was supposed to be authentic and analogical. It isn't quite that. It has bits towards that goal but doesnt achievement it. It truly doesnt mean that adding a few "real instruments" or borrowing rock cliches that that is authentic and analogical. Its not..

What that actually means in music is that you would let The music be somewhat organic in a way. Like you have a lot of dynamic, frasing, agogics, slow downs/speed ups, authenticly made music. Joanne lacs on pretty much ALL that. All The song are heavily altered and worst of all, compressed like any other pop record. It does have proper dynamics, tempo changes etc what makes music "authentic". This would have been truly fresh and innovative in a way in our time. Noone has really done that in decades ergo it would be fresh.

Think of what Records used to sound for example during The 60's. Everything is "musical and authentic"  go listen to Simon and Carfunkel for instance to understand what authentic and musical means. :) their song have all proper nuances there.

As a conclusions, I still think Joanne is a nice album and easy to listen. In noway is it bad or anything. Sure there are flaus like other albums. It also has some great moments too! But id give it three stars anyway :)

I just rambled about my expectations and somewhat disapointments. I hope for special but got basic...(basic doesnt equal bad, just musically disappointing) Im still sure going to listen to The album countless times. :)

Does it count to metacritic?

Spoiler

I love the album! 9/10 just because Joanne is a weak ballad.. and I love her ballads..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Just listened to the album for the very first time. There's not one song which i don't like. I'm completely floored.

• Shadow unpinned this topic

Archived