other

"Hey Girl" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

Princess Zelda
12 minutes ago, AyaKara said:

I have to give you WPs for derailing the thread, Zelda :bye:

Hey Girl is still the best song after learning all of the lyrics, guys :giveup:

Gr0l don't use your moderator powers to incriminate me for your own mistakes :laughga:

Angel Down tho. But yeah Hey Girl is one of the best on the album :flutter:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This song went from being one of my least favourites to the song I cannot stop playing. It's criminally underrated by the fanbase. The disappointed fans that wanted Gaga and Flo to outbelt each other need to look past their own expectations and actually comprehend the message of the song. Amazing spacey/retro production, vocals and especially the chemistry between the girls. I can picture Gaga and Flo frolicking down the streets of NYC holding hands when I hear this song... What an image. 

SEXODUS
2 minutes ago, ginga said:

This song went from being one of my least favourites to the song I cannot stop playing. It's criminally underrated by the fanbase. The disappointed fans that wanted Gaga and Flo to outbelt each other need to look past their own expectations and actually comprehend the message of the song. Amazing spacey/retro production, vocals and especially the chemistry between the girls. I can picture Gaga and Flo frolicking down the streets of NYC holding hands when I hear this song... What an image. 

giphy.gif

That J

And then there's this.....the ONE song I can't get into and I feel like I'm missing something.  It's bound to grow on me at some point but I have to stop skipping it in order for it to do so!  Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Flippy

So, I'm a flop fan, but could someone please tell me what this song is about? Like, friends lifting up each other during hard times or...? 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Hey Girl is a beautiful pop song! Definitely my up there in my top 3 with A-YO and Diamond Heart for the album. I think it deserves to be a single, the synth sounds are great classic gaga, and its just a tune that makes you feel comfortable and warm, its very radio friendly, its such a soft song, which I am overjoyed with because when finding out that Florence was featuring I thought oh no I wont like this one because Florence has a harsh shouty screechy voice normally but on this Gaga and Flo are really soft and sweet and the overall effect is just pop heaven for me.

TheJackMonster

I woke up with this song in my head so I think it's grown on me but still not one of my favourites :emma:

Oriane
9 hours ago, Flippy said:

So, I'm a flop fan, but could someone please tell me what this song is about? Like, friends lifting up each other during hard times or...? 

Yes, particularly female friends, it echoes what she said about female musicians in the industry who should lift each other instead of creating dramas.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Flippy
1 hour ago, Oriane23 said:

Yes, particularly female friends, it echoes what she said about female musicians in the industry who should lift each other instead of creating dramas.

Alright! So I pretty much had the right idea! :hug: Thank you for being such a dear! 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

• Haroon unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
PedrinniSan

This song takes me back to my teenage years with my friends. 

Is so goooooooooood and underated :( the ovni sounds and 70's synths make me crazy.:saladga:

I don't understand why people hate this song, is one of my favourites from gagz :sure:

Archived