💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Joanne Track by Track Review

Duke

Featured Posts

After listening to the album, here are my honest first thoughts per song. I have been on GGD since the original forum and I'm a huge Gaga fan, so please don't throw hate my way for opinion. I wanted to offer my insight into the album.

Joanne (album) in one sentence - Incredible production and choruses, let down by obvious lyrics, weak verses and strange vocal styling.  

Diamond Heart - Awesome instrumental, opens the album with a ferocious tone and passionate fire that you hope stretches throughout the album. The build up to the chorus is one of the album's highlights. 

A-YO - Exudes a funky feeling that instantly gets you moving. Two long verses get you waiting for the chorus, which shares a similar build up to Diamond Heart. The chorus is sing-a-long gold. 

Joanne - Vocally, Gaga sounds shaky as the song begins and it doesn't add the emotion, it just feels out of place. One of the strongest chorus' on the album but it's unfortunately paired by very weak and obvious verses. 

John Wayne - John Wayne is the song of the album. Production is on point, lyrics are fun and the chorus is exactly what you want from the song. 

Dancing Circles - This song opens with promise but extends into a weak verse. The chorus is fantastic. 

Perfect Illusion - Needs some space for breathe but overall, it's a great song that stands well alone, but not in the context of the album. 

Sinners Prayer -  Far too Johnny Cash influenced, it felt like a very obvious tribute; lyrically and sonically. 

Million Reasons - An album standout. Fantastic production backed by massively relatable and personal lyrics. 

Come To Mama - This should never have happened. It sounds like a Christmas advert song. That's all I can say. 

Hey Girl - A cool sound paired with a nice hook. It instantly felt like a waste of Florence's voice on such an understated track. A missed opportunity.

Angel Down - The album closes beautifully, political statements that feel relevant to the current landscape of America. Potentially the best production on the album - truly haunting. 

In my opinion, the songs themselves have the DNA of incredible pop songs and could have sounded much better in that style. 

I will never condemn Gaga for trying new genres. I love that she explores herself creatively but this feels like a homage to the genre, rather than a solid entry into it. 

Totally agree, John Wayne is the highlight of the album. It effectively showcases the style she was going for on this album and retains a fresh pop vibe at the same time. 

Can we just agree in unanimity that the production of the entire album is beyond perfection?

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

malazam

*don't let this influence you* 

Influenced.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Chiunzhan

I wonder why Perfect Illusion sounds too bassy compared to the rest of the songs, her voice is less clearer...

Sorcerer

I disagree on Come To Mama. I felt like a vintage Legend is singing to me.

Hey Girl felt like a vocal showdown.

Overall, I respect and love your opinion. :hug:

6 minutes ago, M83 said:

Can someone pm me a link?!

PMed you because I love M83:firega:

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived