💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Power Rangers First Official Teaser Trailer

erfaan

Featured Posts

xoxo cupcakke

I love how they switched up the cast, but I feel as if this diverse and obverse casting is still somewhat problematic in that:

1. The role of Trini Kwan is played by Latina, Becky Gomez, which, thank God they aren't casting the Yellow Ranger as Asian, but if they are keeping the Yellow Rangers name as Trini Kwan, it leaves me wondering whether the film will take the time to make a back story for the character explaining why a character with a generally Asian surname. On top of that, I am tired of Hollywood using white-passing Latin@ actors for these kinds of roles instead of using Latin@ actors of color, or at least ones that I can see myself as that are not portrayed as machoistic, damselesque, sassy, criminal, poor, domestic, or subordinate to more accomplished individuals. Yeah, the main audience of children probably do not think this heavy about representation in media, but how individuals are portrayed in the media, especially in cinema and television, goes on to shape how society wishes individuals to identify themselves as society expects them to fulfill a certain role which should not be expected of anybody

2. Judging from this trailer, I really hope they are not attempting to make the Blue Ranger the comedic relief

3. Why is the Red Ranger still white and/or male? The role of the Red Ranger is pivotal in the Power Rangers series as it expresses the utmost level of leadership, respect, accomplishment, and collection amongst their team. What further irks me, if they did choose to decide on choosing a white Red Ranger, did they really have to make him so racially unambiguous? Was it really that difficult to search for a burgeoning young actor in a rather not so intensive acting role that pretty much any new up and coming actors could take? Pretty much any actor in this cast besides the actor receiving the role of the Red Ranger could have been the Red Ranger

All in all, even though this film is attempting to do away with racial stereotypes, it is still very lacking. Is it a step in the right direction? I don't think so, it's pretty much just aligned to the racial progressions which currently exist at this point in time. Additionally, I have not even brought up the issue of gender representation in this film. Judging as how this a pretty long rant, I honestly do not care if anyone reads, but I just have to put my opinion out there about this film

3 hours ago, FATCAT said:

My childhood. 

same, i had them all. This is a more grown up version which is cool coming from lionsgates. Excited! Dude from breaking bad will play Zordon. 

spread love and peace with every intention. Cherish everything u have. Be Yourself

• 2 weeks later...

Archived