💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I love Dope

Zsolti

Featured Posts

Zsolti

Honestly, I don't know why y'all hate this song so much, it's so powerful. It's Gaga's best ballad.

The lyrics, vocals and production are out of this world. The whole song is just so authentic, beautiful, emotional and raw.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but it may be one of the best songs on ARTPOP for me. I struggle with though times and I connect with this song a lot, so I may be projecting, but still, this song is beautiful. 

Why doesn't anyone appreciate this song even a little bit? It's very sad. I low key hope we will get a ballad like this song on Joanne.

Scalp me. 

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ImpossiblePrincess

ikr i love dope it is so beautiful and tbh it's my fav song off ARTPOP

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

KinneyUnderYou

@Zsolti I love the song so much too! I prefer "I Wanna Be With You", lyrically. Vocally, I do mind her husky vocals that everyone complains about. It's an amazing song. I prefer IWBWY, because I connected with it more.

Just imagine when we hear Joanne, the title track. Everyone was bought to tears when they heard it. As monsters, we will be able to connect with it more, we should be ready to cry on October 21st.

Great thread!

Zsolti
Just now, KinneyUnderYou said:

@Zsolti I love the song so much too! I prefer "I Wanna Be With You", lyrically. Vocally, I do mind her husky vocals that everyone complains about. It's an amazing song. I prefer IBWY, because I connected with it more.

Just imagine when we hear Joanne, the title track. Everyone was bought to tears when they heard it. As monsters, we will be able to connect with it more, we should be ready to cry on October 21st.

Great thread!

Honestly, I feel ya, IWBY has some good lyrics but at times it feels like it isn't as cohesive or as authentic as Dope, more generic, if you get me? But I like both versions a lot nonetheless. The vocals on IWBWY are beautiful as well, more soft. I like them both. 

I am so excited for Joanne as well :giveup:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, Zsolti said:

Honestly, I feel ya, IWBY has some good lyrics but at times it feels like it isn't as cohesive or as authentic as Dope, more generic, if you get me? But I like both versions a lot nonetheless. The vocals on IWBWY are beautiful as well, more soft. I like them both. 

I am so excited for Joanne as well :giveup:

Joanne is shaping up to become Gaga's most personal work. We are not ready! :giveup:

Regarding your opinion on IWBWY, I understand. "Dope" is way more personal, obviously. But, IWBWY connects to me as a Little Monster healing her. Her hip injury at that time, affected her so much. If she only knew she'd be recording an album with Tony Bennet, performing at the GRAMMYS, Super Bowl, etc. If she only knew people would love her again after all the pain she experienced, she shouldn't have lived this pain. She loves us so much. I love her so much. :diane:

DeanWinchester

I used to skip it a lot but it grew on me.

Not as much as Jewels N Drugs growing on me though :music:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Katsuki Bakugo

I've always connected more with Dope than any of her other ballads. For me it represents that rebellious side of her. She was forced into make that pop album and there are hints of her breaking free and this was one of them.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Antonio
6 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Not as much as Jewels N Drugs growing on me though :music:

ikr! The rap parts are awful but everything else about this song is lovely! Not my favorite but I never skip it :music:

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Antonio said:

ikr! The rap parts are awful but everything else about this song is lovely! Not my favorite but I never skip it :music:

I like the rap parts too but never could sing them properly :emma:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

hausoffame

I really wanted IWBWY on the album. I just can't get into the vocals, but I love the rest of ARTPOP.

KinneyUnderYou
9 minutes ago, Antonio said:

@A Gaga Lad

Spoiler

Edit: I quoted the wrong person. :awkney: I meant to quote you, and Antonio.

Twista's verse is insane

rave-hard-first-time-on-pills.gif

It's the one song that I "felt" immediately when AP was released. :) The stunning piano, the transition to the haunting synths and her amazing vocals of course.

it wasn't laaaahv

DeanWinchester
12 minutes ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

@A Gaga Lad

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: I quoted the wrong person. :awkney: I meant to quote you, and Antonio.

Twista's verse is insane

rave-hard-first-time-on-pills.gif

Even with the lyrics in front of me I end up getting my tongue in a twist :icega:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived