💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Fade is a bigger flop than PI

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

Kanye's "Fade" is a much bigger flop than "Perfect Illusion." And it is probably the most brilliant song/video I've seen in the last year. And Kanye is undisputedly the most respected music artist of the last 5 years. 

It's not opinion, but a fact.

These 2 songs have been on the charts nearly the same amount of time. And Kanye secured that oh-so-coveted VMA's promo slot that so many of you had your dicks hard over for months. 

Yet he's doing worse than she is. (with a better song, if you ask me! just saying!)

Gaga at #42: 

2iu6c84.jpg

Kanye at #62: 

fc8cjl.jpg

....please don't get me wrong. This is not a Kanye vs. Gaga post. This post is meant to show that 2 of the greatest pop music LEGENDS of our time are not necessarily chart hits. But it DOES NOT MATTER. This just shows how irrelevant Billboard charts and radio airplay have become in today's pop cultural landscape. 

Chainsmokers have been stuck at #1 for weeks and Justin Bieber has 2 throw-away tropical house songs in the Top 5, all of which will be completely forgotten and cringeworthy 18 months from now. 

4hwj2c.jpg

I would easily chose to be outside the Top 40 with Kanye and Gaga right now, than in the Top 5 with Chainsmokers and Bieber.

Like --- it's no question. 

kanye-west-revele-pourquoi-sa-tournee-co

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne
Just now, KING said:

We all knew Fade was going to fade away on the charts. :toofunny:

But it's fire, tho?? Who cares about the charts when the music is this good! 

Lion Heart

One's a lead single, the other isn't.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Quartz

PI will be Gaga's longest running top 100 hit bookmark me

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

ReidOne
1 minute ago, CLLGaga said:

Uhh Fade isn't an anticipated comeback lead single.

Just now, Lion Heart said:

One's a lead single, the other isn't.

So "Famous" with it's #34 Billboard Hot 100 peak was the one we should be comparing then? :madge:

Fine by me. 

I was giving Kanye the benefit of the doubt by comparing his actual bop. 

6 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

But it's fire, tho?? Who cares about the charts when the music is this good! 

I like the song too! #MusicNotTheBling However I think Fade is a little before its time. 

2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

So "Famous" with it's #34 Billboard Hot 100 peak was the one we should be comparing then? :madge:

Fine by me. 

I was giving Kanye the benefit of the doubt by comparing his actual bop. 

Wasn't it exclusive on Tidal? And Kanye isn't a popstar. He's a rapper. The song was a hit in the hip hop community. And he hasn't been commercially successful since 2009 so it's stupid to compare him to Gaga. 

ReidOne

You guys are missing the point...We all endured 2 months of nonstop posts here from you lot begging for Gaga to do a VMA's performance and claiming that she would be "foolish" to skip it. 

And she skipped it.

And PI flopped and you said it's because she was a fool for skipping VMA's. 

But here stands her contemporary, Kanye. The undisputed pop music LEGEND of our time. Who DID do the VMA's this year. With a ****ing house music bop that SLAYS!!!! With a hot ass bitch in the video. They gave us our f-cking LIVES with this single!

And he's got a bigger flop on his hands than Gaga. 

This is my point: Little Manager's and their tired beliefs about what is good promo vs. poor promo is no longer relevant. We are living in a new age. 

The legends aren't here for Billboard charts, cable award show ratings and radio airplay anymore. They have ascended to the next level. 

The game is being won in different fields. 

2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

You guys are missing the point...We all endured 2 months of nonstop posts here from you lot begging for Gaga to do a VMA's performance and claiming that she would be "foolish" to skip it. 

And she skipped it.

And PI flopped and you said it's because she was a fool for skipping VMA's. 

But here stands her contemporary, Kanye. The undisputed pop music LEGEND of our time. Who DID do the VMA's this year. With a ****ing house music bop that SLAYS!!!! With a hot ass bitch in the video. They gave us our f-cking LIVES with this single!

And he's got a bigger flop on his hands than Gaga. 

This is my point: Little Manager's and their tired beliefs about what is good promo vs. poor promo is no longer relevant. We are living in a new age. 

The legends aren't here for Billboard charts, cable award show ratings and radio airplay anymore. They have ascended to the next level. 

The game is being won in different fields. 

Fade isn't a pop song. Perfect Illusion is. Kanye isn't a popstar. Gaga is. Fade wasn't an anticipated lead single, Perfect Illusion was. 

But PI would have flopped anyway if she performed it at the VMAs cuz it isn't a good song. Just stop making excuses for Gaga jeez. 

ReidOne
1 minute ago, CLLGaga said:

Fade isn't a pop song.

No personal offense, but that is just not true. It's ridiculously inaccurate. 

"Fade" is built entirely around a sample of the very FIRST deep house record ever made. And Deep House is the prevailing music trend of the pop charts of the last 2 years. 

One could argue that Madonna's "Vogue" is a derivative of this! 

This is pop music at it's finest!

ReidOne

Bookmark me.

Kanye's "Fade" is one of the greatest bops of 2016. It's literally everything to me. As is Gaga's "Perfect Illusion." 

The rest of you can keep your Chainsmokers feat. Halsey VMA's performance and Nick Jonas "Bacon" BS. The legends, meanwhile, are busy doing next level ****. You all will realize it in a couple years. 

:madge:

It's literally just five ****ing lyrics pasted on a sampled house beat played over a video he isn't even in

"Artistic legend"

Archived