💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did she go off key?

synched

Featured Posts

So I've been listening to PI everyday since it was released and I love the song. But there's this one thing that bothers me. On the second chorus, when she sings "it wasn't love" the second time, she sounds slightly off-key in the beginning and it just feels so anticlimactic. And i love the melody of the chorus so much and it just ruins it for me kinda.

There are two possibilities:

1- It was on purpose to confirm the vocals are actually raw and not auto-tuned. Sort of like a "This ain't no autotune s***t, I sing this all live" message to the listener.

That's not showing off raw vocals. It just doesn't sound like a finished record when you are off-key on the chorus of your song.

2- It was not on purpose.

If it was not done on purpose, that's just lazy. Listen to the song with headphones on while you're producing it please. Not professional at all.

So what do you guys think? Did you notice it too? Does it bother you? 

PS. I have too much time on my hands lol this thread is a m-e-s-s :toofunny:

Phoenix

well PI has many flaws in that way

i guess she was going for that "raw" sound

not sure if she had success in it

💎

I noticed that too. It was definitely the first option. We all know how much of a perfectionist Gaga is, so every imperfection is always deliberate because she'll have listened to that song hundreds of times.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

well PI has many flaws in that way

i guess she was going for that "raw" sound

not sure if she had success in it

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I noticed that too. It was definitely the first option. We all know how much of a perfectionist Gaga is, so every imperfection is always deliberate because she'll have listened to that song hundreds of times.

if that was done on purpose, i'm disappointed. Well, i'm disappointed either way lol.

I just don't think that "raw" means "flawed"

She was going for that poorly produced and mixed gig. Listening to it back to back with anything from her past studio albums makes the track sound like it was done in Garageband

It's obviously on purpose, they are talented musician with experience, or at least when they played the song (multiple times) they liked it that way.

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

I like it because the way i interpret it is her sadness. it's like when you're crying about something and then you get deeper into your thoughts and cry even harder about it. it's almost as if she wasn't yelling "It wasn't love" loud enough, like she really wanted to scream and release out her pain :toofunny:

Tommy Monster

Can´t hear it :toofunny: no matter how I try :toofunny: and I consider myself a singer and a musician :icega:

The thing that bothers me though, is just before the end of the song, when she says "you were so perfect" you can acctually hear she says that through saliva in her mouth :awkney: something like "perf-(lemme spit it out for ya)-phect" :toofunny: 

littlepotter

First you expose the fart sounds, then you expose this, guys stop making me listen to things I can not unhear :smh:

chaeri pls

AndyDWUW
15 minutes ago, PETTY said:

I like it because the way i interpret it is her sadness. it's like when you're crying about something and then you get deeper into your thoughts and cry even harder about it. it's almost as if she wasn't yelling "It wasn't love" loud enough, like she really wanted to scream and release out her pain :toofunny:

This :golfclap:

Archived