Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Inside the making of Lady Gaga’s ‘Joanne’ (EW megazine)

spanishmonster

Featured Posts

spanishmonster

Mark Ronson can count on one hand the number of hours he’s slept in the past week. He’s been scrambling to put the finishing touches on Lady Gaga’s new album — re-doing background vocals, recording with a live band, mixing and mastering the songs. “This is what happens during crunch time,” he tells EW on a recent September evening. “I imagine it’s the sort of mayhem that surrounds the finishing of The Life of Pablo or something.” Rest is not on the horizon—after leaving the studio, he’s flying to London for a gig — but he’s running on fumes. “When the music is really great, you’re excited all the time,” he says.

Perhaps the most unexpected creative force on Joanne is Nashville songwriter Hillary Lindsey, best known for co-penning Little Big Town’s “Girl Crush” and Carrie Underwood’s “Jesus, Take the Wheel.” The two were introduced by Aaron Bay-Schuck, an A&R executive at Gaga’s label, after he heard early Joanne material. “Aaron said [Gaga] was really digging into writing some real, true songs about her life,” says Lindsey, who co-wrote three songs on Joanne: “A-Yo,” “Million Reasons,” and “Grigio Girls.” Though Lindsey had previously written for pop stars like Miley Cyrus and Shakira, getting a call about working with Gaga left her speechless. “I probably dropped my cell phone,” she says.

But while the song embraces guitars and left-field production, fans of Gaga’s early songwriting should still find plenty to love on Joanne too. “It’s not by any means a rock record,” says Ronson. “She loves her fans and all those people who supported her from the beginning. For her, it’s not about, ‘F— them, I’m done with that, I want to do this now.’ In the studio, she’s always like, ‘Maybe we put that little Fame Monster hook in there.’ There’s definitely a lot of that in there.”

Lindsey agrees: “If we are talking about the style of music, this record is not country by any stretch of the imagination,” she says. “It has some folk influences at times, maybe some acoustic guitar, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s country.” If anything, Joanne will finally offer unprecedented and unfiltered access to the woman born Stefani Germanotta. “I hope fans hear it for what it is: Lady Gaga speaking from the heart,” Lindsey says. “She can show the world that she doesn’t need all the tricks. She can still grab you and have you in the palm of her hand.”

Read the whole thing here:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/30/lady-gaga-joanne-mark-ronson-hillary-lindsey

buy stupid love on itunes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zakariah
2 minutes ago, spanishmonster said:

“She loves her fans and all those people who supported her from the beginning. For her, it’s not about, ‘F— them, I’m done with that, I want to do this now.’ In the studio, she’s always like, ‘Maybe we put that little Fame Monster hook in there.’ There’s definitely a lot of that in there.”

Lindsey agrees: “If we are talking about the style of music, this record is not country by any stretch of the imagination,” she says. “It has some folk influences at times, maybe some acoustic guitar, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s country.” If anything, Joanne will finally offer unprecedented and unfiltered access to the woman born Stefani Germanotta. “I hope fans hear it for what it is: Lady Gaga speaking from the heart,” Lindsey says. “She can show the world that she doesn’t need all the tricks. She can still grab you and have you in the palm of her hand.”

Can ya'll stop melting down abt the music now? Thanks

2 minutes ago, bayonse said:

clickbait title :grr:

how?

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

“She loves her fans and all those people who supported her from the beginning. For her, it’s not about, ‘F— them, I’m done with that, I want to do this now.’ In the studio, she’s always like, ‘Maybe we put that little Fame Monster hook in there.’ There’s definitely a lot of that in there.”

Hold me I'm SHOOK. 

V40bI4r.gif

Fernster7

She should not care about the people that don't want her to evolve and repeat the same formula every album. But I'm excited nonetheless. :)

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

8 minutes ago, spanishmonster said:

‘Maybe we put that little Fame Monster hook in there.’ There’s definitely a lot of that in there.”

I am here for another Ma ma ma :whitney:

DeanWinchester
9 minutes ago, spanishmonster said:

But while the song embraces guitars and left-field production, fans of Gaga’s early songwriting should still find plenty to love on Joanne too. “It’s not by any means a rock record,” says Ronson. “She loves her fans and all those people who supported her from the beginning. For her, it’s not about, ‘F— them, I’m done with that, I want to do this now.’ In the studio, she’s always like, ‘Maybe we put that little Fame Monster hook in there.’ There’s definitely a lot of that in there.”

I hope the Little Complainers TF/Monsters will finally stop their meltdowns :toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

‘Maybe we put that little Fame Monster hook in there.’ There’s definitely a lot of that in there.”

:giveup:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Archived