💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Florence and NOT Beyoncé

lucastecala

Featured Posts

lucastecala

I personally think Florence is a better option than Beyoncé, for a couple of reasons. For one thing, this would be Beyoncé's third appearence in less then 5 years. I mean, there is such a thing as overexposure. Also, this year, Beyoncé totally upstaged Coldplay. I think Florence would be a better option because she wouldn't take the focus off of Gaga. Not because of Gaga herself, I think Gaga's organic performances put on an even better and more interesting show than Beyoncé's surgically timed, coreographed and rehearsed performances. I frequently find her formula a little stiff and like I've seen it before a thousand times. But the GP is way friendlier towards Beyoncé than they are towards Gaga. Which is ok. Gaga, unlike Beyoncé, was never interested in being a unanimity. She knows far too well that being a unanimity is a prison. But, because of the fact that she is not a unanimity she shouldn't bring someone who is one to share the stage with her. 

Plus, the Superbowl performances have a tradition of mixing genres, to make it more fresh and universally appealling. So I think Florence would be a more eccletic and fresher addition to the gig.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KinneyUnderYou

The title of this thread is "Beyoncé and NOT Florence". Shouldn't it be the other way around regarding your post? :awkney:

"Florence and NOT Beyoncé" :poot:

lucastecala
Just now, KinneyUnderYou said:

The title of this thread is "Beyoncé and NOT Florence". Shouldn't it be the other way around regarding your post? :awkney:

"Florence and NOT Beyoncé" :poot:

Just now, monsterdino said:

I think your title is wrong :huh:

I noticed as soon as I published. It's fixed.

KennyRichie

There's this live performance at Glastonbury 2015 of Florence singing Queen of Peace that slays my existence. Imagine gaga performing, singning and dancing around the stage like this :rockstar:😍

Fernster7

I agree that Florence is a better option but if Beyonce just does her verse on Telephone without doing anything else on her own I'm here for her too. I don't care about overexposure because it will affect Bey not Gaga so...

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

AndrewGr

She already said in an interview that she would chose the people she made this album with, so it's obviously: Florence>Beyonce.

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, AndrewGrMonster said:

She already said in an interview that she would chose the people she made this album with

Receipts? :oprah:

2 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

I agree that Florence is a better option but if Beyonce just does her verse on Telephone without doing anything else on her own I'm here for her too. I don't care about overexposure because it will affect Bey not Gaga so...

Then people will say Gaga is trying to comeback by leeching off of Beyoncè's success.

Speechless94

Beyonce will not be the performer. Obviously I don't know anything but I just don't see it happening as she's done it two times already. Plus she would literally upstage Gaga. She only has 1 verse on Telephone and the GP is way more here for formation than they will be for Joanne. All the headlines the next day will be about Beyonce. 

Florence is the best choice if she was to have a performer with her.

Would love if it was just Gaga though by herself

I feel that Superbowl tends to celebrate American acts and hence Florence may not be an appropriate choice. Besides, Florence's performative nature is not geared towards big over-the-top theatrics that Superbowl demands so I don't think its a wise choice.

Hm I hope she brings another artist than Florence or Beyoncé, Beyoncé stans are already saying Beyoncé has a Superbowl residency on Twitter :neyde: and Florence is my opinion she's not famous enough, I never heard her voice and music... Get someone like Britney or Rihanna I'm sure they'd love to be Gaga's guest

AlexanderMagno

Gaga is very smart, so... she will probably bring Beyonce :emma:

I Hope not. If Gaga brings to the stage her collaborations on Joanne, plus Queen for You and I, it will be remembered as a very unique show. 

Archived