Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Cartoon Network is killing me

n0ne

Featured Posts

First off, I was born in 93, so I grew up watching the classic cartoons of the 90s and early/mid 2000s. I still enjoy these shows and probably always will. But nothing has compared imo to Cartoon Network's modern Holy Trinity, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and The Amazing World of Gumball.

These shows started when I was in my late teens and have stuck with me into early adulthood. And it's crazy to think about if I love these shows at this age, I would probably gone crazy for them as a kid. I just find that the Holy Trinity are so amazing because they are elaborate/complex, very adult oriented, intriguingly animated, and highly humorous. Not to mention they have all-around great characters.

And now Cartoon Network is eliminating its Holy Trinity. Regular Show is ending next year, Gumball may be ending in 2017 or 2018, and Adventure Time is ending in 2018. And I can't deal.

giphy.gif

I mean I'll still watch Cartoon Network for Teen Titans Go, We Bare Bears, and Adult Swim. But a huge piece will be missing, that will be hard to fill.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iwontell

Teas :poot:

Watch Rick and Morty, it's super awesome and I think it's on adult swim - which is kinda CN....and I love Archer too (specially after season 3)...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

Teas :poot:

This is perfect lol

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

3 minutes ago, NeverTypical said:

I thought gumball got cancelled a long ass time ago :air:

12OMY457ZuPYFW.gif

I am sad too, all that left are wimpy shows like Steven Universe and terrible reboot like Powerpuff Girls that made me grit my teeth out of anger :toofunny:

Oh well, at least there's still Rick and Morty on Adult Swim :gaycat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gurl where's SU in that Holy Trinity :reductive:

ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ϟ†▽✰𝒿 ~

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

I am sad too, all that left are wimpy shows like Steven Universe and terrible reboot like Powerpuff Girls that made me grit my teeth out of anger 

Oh well, at least there's still Rick and Morty on Adult Swim

Steven Universe is way better than Adventure Time ever had, or will be, so idk wyd :huh:

Just now, Lord Axel said:

Gurl where's SU in that Holy Trinity :reductive:

Only briefly seen parts of episodes. Seems interesting, but hasn't gotten me invested.

Its so funny that you feel this way. I was born 2 years earlier so watching shows like Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Justice League, Scooby Doo etc. 

By the time Adventure Time aired, I was so detached from CN and hated all the 'new shows.'

zakariah
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

The original Teen Titans was amazing, though :hor:

Raven is the reason why i'm so fked up today :diane: 

Just now, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Steven Universe is way better than Adventure Time ever had, or will be, so idk wyd :huh:

Delusional, most especially when SU, Rebcca Sygar creator were Adventure Time Pendelton Ward's understudy lmao

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived