💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga had an entire day dedicated to her in my LGBT course

PERFECTIONIST

Featured Posts

PERFECTIONIST

Since the other user brought up his school stuff I forgot to mention how in my LGBT studies course at my university

last Tuesday we had a class dedicated to "BORN THIS WAY"  the phrase not necessarily the song

but we mainly focused and compares

SAME LOVE VS BORN THIS WAY

and if in fact we are "born this way".. it wasn't in the sense that something went wrong with us.. more of in the way that are we just born and are automatically sexualized in a sense

it was a very touchy subject since most of us in the class are in the LGBT community

we all came to the conclusion that the term BTW is a very broad thing, for everyone has their own story of why they say that etc.

anyways when we spoke about BTW a lot of people were getting mad because they said gaga wasn't gay and she was appropriating gay culture just like Macklemore or how every you spell his name

and some of us spoke out how she says she's bisexual and even if she wasn't it was nice to have allies or people who write songs like this for us

I did shade Mack tho

the professor asked me what my thoughts as a homosexual man were for the song and I copied the iconic whitney Houston and said "What do I think of the song? I don't think of the song"

and only 2 people caught on lol

my hobbies include lying about PI leaking and getting everyone shook on GGD

PERFECTIONIST
8 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

You should have got everyone to buy PI that was your chance and you blew it :grr:

I wasn't gonna promote something I don't like.

my hobbies include lying about PI leaking and getting everyone shook on GGD

Letmelivemylife
4 minutes ago, PERFECTIONIST said:

Since the other user brought up his school stuff I forgot to mention how in my LGBT studies course at my university

last Tuesday we had a class dedicated to "BORN THIS WAY"  the phrase not necessarily the song

but we mainly focused and compares

SAME LOVE VS BORN THIS WAY

and if in fact we are "born this way".. it wasn't in the sense that something went wrong with us.. more of in the way that are we just born and are automatically sexualized in a sense

it was a very touchy subject since most of us in the class are in the LGBT community

we all came to the conclusion that the term BTW is a very broad thing, for everyone has their own story of why they say that etc.

anyways when we spoke about BTW a lot of people were getting mad because they said gaga wasn't gay and she was appropriating gay culture just like Macklemore or how every you spell his name

and some of us spoke out how she says she's bisexual and even if she wasn't it was nice to have allies or people who write songs like this for us

I did shade Mack tho

the professor asked me what my thoughts as a homosexual man were for the song and I copied the iconic whitney Houston and said "What do I think of the song? I don't think of the song"

and only 2 people caught on lol

Hahaha gaga is so bi lol. I always thought she and Tara would've made the cutest couple

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Just now, PERFECTIONIST said:

I wasn't gonna promote something I don't like.

Honey you got a big storm coming (gif) cba to actually find it.

OliverViennese

Funny that you mention this, as I kind of had the reverse (warholian) experience. In a Gender- / Queer Studies class I took the whole concept (not the song) "Born this Way" was criticized, as it (1) shows sexuality as something stable rather than ~fluid and (2) it emphasizes that something is just accepted when it is something that one does not choose but is born with/as ( - the aim to make something "natural" and therefore "supporting" the really problematic concept of some things being "natural" was criticized anyway).

Other than that I took a "Queer Camp" class and it was discussed whether the term "camp" (as described by Susan Sontag and others) would fit for Gaga's music/fashion/art. (In my opinion - yes!)

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

donutellha

that class sounds relatively interesting

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Archived