💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

pop music definition

Gagas love

Featured Posts

Gagas love

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music

"Pop music is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern form in the Western worldduring the 1950s and 1960s[not verified in body] as a softer alternative to rock and roll. The terms "popular music" and "pop music" are often used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular (and can include any style).

Although pop music is seen as just the singles charts, it is not the sum of all chart music. Pop music is eclectic, and often borrows elements from other styles such as urban, dance, rock,Latin, and country; nonetheless, there are core elements that define pop music. Identifying factors include generally short to medium-length songs written in a basic format (often theverse-chorus structure) as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and hooks."

ARTPOP, ARTPOP, joaaaaaannneee lol

Definitions[edit]

David Hatch and Stephen Millward define pop music as "a body of music which is distinguishable from popular, jazz, and folk musics".[4]According to Pete Seeger, pop music is "professional music which draws upon both folk music and fine arts music".[3] Although pop music is seen as just the singles charts, it is not the sum of all chart music. The music charts contain songs from a variety of sources, includingclassical, jazz, rock, and novelty songs. Pop music, as a genre, is seen as existing and developing separately.[5] Thus "pop music" may be used to describe a distinct genre, aimed at a youth market, often characterized as a softer alternative to rock and roll.[6] Musicologist Allan Moore surmises that the term "pop music" itself may have originated from Pop art.[7]

nativenewyorker
4 minutes ago, Gagas love said:

whooo is we?

5927758528_a2060423e7_b.jpg

Me and all the other children of the good sis on this cult site 

Antonio
7 minutes ago, Lady Palutena said:

Is this another thread about Perfect Illusion not being Pop? :neyde:

Probably for fans who are angry at Gaga not being TFMGa anymore :giveup::giveup:

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Lady Palutena
Just now, Antonio said:

Probably for fans who are angry at Gaga not being TFMGa anymore :giveup::giveup:

MKWiiRosalinaOhWell.wav

They'll live. 

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

32 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Probably for fans who are angry at Gaga not being TFMGa anymore 

I thought this was thread to prove that she was still making pop music despite it not sounding like a Top 40 hit sound? :huh:

But then again I could be wrong since the OP has no clarification for why those quotes are even there and zero explanation as to what it pertains to :laughga:

Gagas love
38 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I thought this was thread to prove that she was still making pop music despite it not sounding like a Top 40 hit sound? :huh:

But then again I could be wrong since the OP has no clarification for why those quotes are even there and zero explanation as to what it pertains to :laughga:

it is 

Archived