Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Ashlee Simpson Wrongfully Accused?

whore

Featured Posts

This thread is inspired by a topic @BabyDory mentioned in the thread "Most Tragic Lip-Synchs You Can Find" by @Supersonic

This recently sparked my interest in Ashlee Simpson's Saturday Night Live performance, specifically the fact that I never have seen her first performance, only the second one that was ultimately cut short.

Her first performance was her song "Pieces of Me," and her second performance was planned to have been her song "Autobiography" before this blunder happens:

Notice how they play the studio acapella of the song, and not a pre-recorded acapella to fool one into thinking it was a live performance

Lets return to her previous performance of "Pieces Of Me":

Not only are her vocals not the same as the studio acapella, but she is obviously performing live (besides the possibility of a backing track during the chorus). 

My explanation on what could have possibly(maybe) went wrong during the second performance is a technical mishap, maybe with the audio engineer of the show, but I don't know where or why they could have received the acapella...

Please discuss... :oprah:

JustAnotherDay

Honestly, I think she probably was just using a backtrack and it messed up, literally every modern pop star uses a backtrack (including Gaga) but the mess up made it seem like she was lip syncing. 

was NickARTPOP

ComeToMama

Im not entirely sure what happened or who's to blame, but honestley, Pieces Of Me is such a gem I am not bothered by this mess one bit. 

The only part I dont appreciate is her shamelessly blaming the band on live TV.

But otherwise, I dont care, enjoy the song:wub:

:awkney:

No.

She was clearly lip synching, it was not just a backtrack, it was a song with her vocals singing on it!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SMILE2NE1

I'll just leave this here

And if you want your ears to bleed more, here's the full thing

She should stick to lip syncing

It could have been a tech issue but she would have explained it that way if it was. She was trying to lip synch but I'm not sure why she wasn't ready.

Don't visit my profile

9 minutes ago, Bio said:

The Pieces Of Me performance you posted is not on SNL tho.

Oh whoops, I just noticed it was a talk-show performance. For some reason though, I can't find the SNL performance other than the failed one... :giveup:

Her drummer (I think) was supposed to play the backing track for the other song but instead played Piece Of Me backing track again.  He is the one to blame, lol

Archived