💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Don't Expect Joanne to be a big Success

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

For the past several days, I have been saying that Joanne is simply not for the charts. Gaga just confirmed to me that what I was saying is true in a recent interview:

"We didn't follow any radio trends when making this record. Because that is not what we are into. We are not into just sliding in there. We want to make something new and fresh and real."

In other words, and by Gaga's own admission, Joanne will simply not be trendy or radio friendly. So many people will have difficulty getting into it because is just not what people are listening today. Now, could Joanne be successful? Yes it can, it is always possible that people will end up loving Gaga's new sound. But in general, Joanne is shaping to be something risky and it is probably wise to not expect big success from the album.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind, i actually don't care as long the album is like really good, and she has some fun with it and with us. Let's see what we get, but i am not hyped this time around :).

AlexanderMagno

Let's wait to hear the album. I am excited for it, but for now these words are just justifying its already predictable commercial failure.

"Something new and fresh and real" is a big statement. I'm hoping it's true.

Aga Gydal

I'm happy she finally made an album that wasn't attached to any kind of external (or internal) pressure to be something specific. This is the first time she made an album that was pure to what she wanted and not what she thought she was supposed to be doing. 

ARTPOP failed in large part because she took our bait and underdelivered. This time she's a free agent and I can't wait to see how different the music will be. 

Archived