💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If you think PI is not a typical sound for Gaga

Notthebling

Featured Posts

Notthebling

I was driving yesterday and I took a listen at the MTN Instrumental.

if you seriously think Gaga never had a sound like PI before, you clearly need to take a listen at it.

so many similarities. Heavy guitars, high energy/adrenaline feel, very raw, somehow gritty.

Thats just my opinion, but the sound of PI has been in some of Gagas past work. I'm so proud of her for pulling out a song like that. We knew back when the BTW era started that MTN was her favorite song ever. I truly feel she created an updated, more honest and more intense version of it, and thats how we got PI.

But once again, for those who do not understand where PI comes from, here's your answer. 

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Literally nobody hates PI's instrumental

People who don't like the song are simply amazed she managed to underperform with such wonderful production

Notthebling
Just now, Chic said:

I never said people hate it. However, many people don't think PI is a song reflecting Gagas sound..

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

OmgSum1Actually

Did you just compare Marry The Night to Perfect Illusion?tumblr_m2bt918dPq1rq1w61o1_500.gif

Shameless selfpromo

Gagaterium
1 minute ago, Chic said:

People who don't like the song are simply amazed she managed to underperform with such wonderful production

Right, sis :awkney:

I highly doubt literally nobody hate's the song's production, when the production is part of why the song sounds so different, therefore so alien for Gaga and fans who are used to her pop sound.

I'm sure a lot of people like it, but the core of the song is the instrumental, so you can't take that away when you have hordes of fans who are disappointed with the actual sound of the song (vocals included or not).

BUY APPLAUSE ON ITUNES

Just now, Gagaterium said:

Right, sis :awkney:

I highly doubt literally nobody hate's the song's production, when the production is part of why the song sounds so different, therefore so alien for Gaga and fans who are used to her pop sound.

I'm sure a lot of people like it, but the core of the song is the instrumental, so you can't take that away when you have hordes of fans who are disappointed with the actual sound of the song (vocals included or not).

Okay thanks for not comprehending hyperbole

Gagaterium
Just now, Chic said:

Okay thanks for not comprehending hyperbole

Hyperbole or not, you explained yourself why you believe fans are pressed in the second paragraph. The post leaves room for interpretation. :neyde:

BUY APPLAUSE ON ITUNES

Just now, Gagaterium said:

Hyperbole or not, you explained yourself why you believe fans are pressed in the second paragraph. The post leaves room for interpretation. :neyde:

A lot more people are impressed by the instrumental than the song itself. The production is superb and Gaga gave it no room to breathe whatsoever. Those who don't like the song are amazed at the quality of the instrumental.

Fiona Apple
16 minutes ago, Chic said:

I am amazed at how she made an average song over such a nice instrumental

Gagaterium
9 minutes ago, Chic said:

A lot more people are impressed by the instrumental than the song itself. The production is superb and Gaga gave it no room to breathe whatsoever. Those who don't like the song are amazed at the quality of the instrumental.

And like I said, there is no clear way of knowing that, unless you've seen fans specifically say that here (or in real life - but you can say what you want there).

Personally, people I've seen upset and disappointed vaguely describe their displeasure by saying that they dislike the ''sound'' of the song. That could mean instrumental, vocals or both.

BUY APPLAUSE ON ITUNES

Yes! On my first listen PI sounded like a fusion of MTN, I Want Your Love (bridge and 1:20), and Applause (pre-chorus)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

DeanWinchester
22 minutes ago, JpDupuis said:

I was driving yesterday and I took a listen at the MTN Instrumental.

if you seriously think Gaga never had a sound like PI before, you clearly need to take a listen at it.

But most people here and even critics caught the MTN resemblance. However, what makes people say that it was a "different direction" is because it goes against the current tropical house/disco trend with ultra chill vibes and whispering vocals. PI entered the party with a chainsaw and shouted at the top of its lungs.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

she changed her style of singing slightly and the production is also different.  I like the song, its grown on me.  I think she did a great job on it.

9 minutes ago, Gagaterium said:

And like I said, there is no clear way of knowing that, unless you've seen fans specifically say that here (or in real life - but you can say what you want there).

Personally, people I've seen upset and disappointed vaguely describe their displeasure by saying that they dislike the ''sound'' of the song. That could mean instrumental, vocals or both.

Someone just quoted me on this thread saying she managed to create an average song with an incredible instrumental, lol.

Archived