💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What albums have changed your life?

POP2

Featured Posts

A top trending topic on twitter yesterday was which albums have changed your life, so I thought I would ask you guys what albums have done that for you (and maybe how and why). 

1. ARTPOP (Lady Gaga)- This album signed, sealed and delivered my stan card. It came at a time when my life was changing a lot... I had recently lost a lot of weight because of anorexia. Lady Gaga was comfort for me. She gave me a light that I needed- a release. ARTPOP was my release, my excuse to be weird. I've admired Gaga since she started (was in the monster pit at the BTWB) but ARTPOP made me a fan like no other. My best friend (who wasn't a fan of Gaga's at all) became a huge fan aswell because of ARTPOP. We bonded over music which is so weird for us because of our different tastes. ARTPOP is like anything on this planet, it truly changed my life. 

2. 1000 Forms of Fear (Sia)- When I think about music making me nostalgic, I think about this Sia record. It brings me back to the best summer of my life right before senior year of high school; right before my anxiety really kicked in. It makes me so happy to listen to. Before this album, I didn't even know what Sia looked like. Honestly, I think Sia is the tiniest last bit of artistry in the pop mainstream right now. I saw that with 1000 forms of fear- her talent was so raw and natural; not to mention that the music videos from this album where I.C.O.N.I.C... Sia is art and she writes f*cking amazing songs. 

3. Ultraviolence (Lana Del Rey)- Last but certainly not least, we have one the saddest pop records ever. Listening to this piece of art, you can feel the pain she is feeling-- I felt her pain in me. She was an outlet for MY pain, my fear, my sadness, my doubt in myself, and my nostalgia for the past. Ultraviolence was like an era for me in my life. Coming out in the same time frame as 1000 forms of fear, these albums remind me of a summer of happiness. When you're down, it's sad to remember the happiness you once felt. Lana brings me back to happiness but not in a care-free way, she brings it back in a way to reflect- in a way to remember, not relive. Ultraviolence may not be the happiest album in the world, but it brings me flashbacks of when I was happy. The summer where I didn't care. The summer when it felt like the sun shined every damn day. The summer before the storm. Ultraviolence is pure summertime. 

Sorry this was depressing AF. But hopefully you guys have some similar experiences with albums hahaha. Let me know what your life changing albums are!!

GagaXCupcakke

STD(Cupcakke)- Cupcakke makes me feel complete. Watching her get bigger and bigger makes me so proud. This album really showed that she can be a real artist and made me a Stan of her, a slurper. 

Bayonetta

None personally, I'm just not a person which can really be "changed" or "helped" by music. Who knows, maybe Joanne will change that :sis:

The Fame

The Fame Monster

Animal 

Cannibal

Teenage Dream

Circus 

Femme Fatale 

TF/TFM changed me the most, I've become much more outspoken and expressive, It felt so good that the face of the world was a freak like me, TF/TFM was a lifestyle I lived along side Gaga, we all felt famous during her reign and that was truly the beauty of those albums. 

Animal/Cannibal, similar to TF/TFM, Kesha also being big at the time made me even more comfortable with my imperfections and growing up, it was nice having these odd females who have their own perception of beauty. Listening to Kesha truly made life feel like a big crazy party.

Teenage Dream, this Katy album is lyrically and thematically stunning, It was this album that pushed me into song writing really, I was able to appreciate Bonnie Mckees craftsmanship and Katy's diversity on this record. 

Circus and Femme Fatale, I really wasn't a huge Britney fan till these albums came to be, Britney's songs always managed to give me something, the others could not, seeing her go through her breakdown and coming back strong, made something about her comeback feel so empowering to me at a young age. I always say that Circus has changed my perception of life, that song spoke to me, that only I am in control of my own life for it is my own circus, I call the shots. Femme Fatale only solidated what Circus has taught me.

1989, what's so different all the other albums were out at a time when I was transitioning from a young teen to a young adult, after I found my sense of self, It was hard for me to see any album as life changing anymore, no matter how good it was. 1989 by Taylor did for me what Teenage Dream did but on a greater scale, my songwriting improved so much after hearing that album, the way every track is a piece of Taylor's heart, her lyrics are beautiful, whether you like her or not. I've gotten more open with my own writing after listening to the album and I've gotten more detail oriented. 

Homogenic and Vespertine by Björk have taught me a lot about myself and my emotions. Erotica by Madonna may have changed me for worse, but it has made my personality more promiscuous. For some reason, Mama's Gun by Erykah Badu keeps coming into mind even though I don't know how it may have changed my life... it has made me a more creative person, got me out of my depression, ect. :staymad:

ItsTommyBitch

Ultra Blue - Utada Hikaru

Ultraviolence - Lana Del Rey

Born This Way - Lady Gaga

How Big How Blue How Beautiful - Florence + the Machine

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived