Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I've Cracked Joanne

Joshie S

Featured Posts

Joshie S

So if you know me, I post "theory" type opinions about everything Gaga does. This thread is no different.
I mostly write these when I'm high, so try and stay with me.

I've cracked Joanne. Joanne is always the album Gaga wanted to create, and she's been trying to tell a story (since The Fame) - Gaga has always been big on story telling, Joanne is no different.

Gaga has recently said "she thinks she knows what the fans want" in regards to the record, the era and everything in between, so, what have fans wanted? Well, I couldn't possibly list them all, but ONE possible thing has stood out since the ending seconds of the Telephone video, right through to ARTPOP and now Joanne.

The continuation of the Telephone video.
Monsters have wanted this more than anything for YEARS. 6 to be exact.

So, we were suppose to get the continuation with ARTPOP, right? Well, i had a theory about ARTPOP which I NEVER shared, basically because it takes a lot of explanation and aint nobody got time for that, so I'll make it short and sweet. I believe Gaga wanted ARTPOP to be a concept album, and have the entire album act as the continuation from Telephone. She wanted to tell a story, she even said she wanted to release Aura first as the lead single, and as we all know the lyrics are literally "I killed my former and left her in the trunk of highway 10" ....Gaga & Beyonce were last seen driving off into the desert wearing cowboy hats, gaga being a nice shade of baby blue ;) (we will get to that later)....

So, I think that Gaga wanted to continue Telephone, with Aura, which eventually would lead to Venus as the second single, and so and so forth. Gaga said once that she wanted the entire album to be a "piece" of music, that you played in full from beginning to finish, that she could also perform it from start to finish according to the tracklist. Don't you find it weird she wanted Aura to be the first single, then pushed for Venus as the second (which ultimately got overruled and we all know how that turned out with DWUW)

So fast forward through the ARTPOP era, Troy deserted her, she felt betrayed, she was done with ARTPOP.

Now we wind up in 2016, where pressure is rising for Gaga. So much happened at the begging of this year. She was working with Intel for the Grammy performance, she was working away on "LG5" with RedOne, and other producers & writers, but then... someone she looked up to for YEARS before she even became famous, someone she studied (quite like we study her) passed away. She was lucky enough to honour him at the Grammys. 

This changed everything.

She wanted to really say something with LG5, so she scrapped it and started again (rumours say)...

Tension from Little Monsters is rising as she becomes more silent, but is still working extremely hard on this album.

Then, out of the blue, on August 17th, we get it. 
LADYGAGA
NEW SINGLE
PERFECT ILLUSION
SEPTEMBER

Monsters freak out like never before, then it was announced Sep 9 to be released and so on and so forth. So many monsters "disappointed" with the single, criticising it, complaining about the music, about Gaga's style, her interviews even saying "she's lazy for saying the same things over and over" or "why hasn't she done TV performances"

THIS is where I have CRACKED #JOANNE with the help of the MV for PI.

As I said previously, the last we saw Gaga was fleeing the scene of the crime from the Telephone video, Gaga in a blue/lavender outfit while wearing what looks to be a cowboy hat, Beyonce the same except in black.

Then, Gaga is now rocking up to the desert singing "it wasn't love" and that it was a "perfect illusion" now if you've read my previous threads you would see how I talk about PI being about ARTPOP and Troy, so it all connects...

Now, I think Gaga is trying to "reenact" or, re-do ARTPOP. 
Ever since Perfect Illusion came out, I always thought it was weirdly similar to Applause, in the sense of it being all about an illusion, and if you remember with Applause, Gaga had a lot of "illusion-y" things in the MV for Applause, like the top hat, the smoke and mirrors, the coloured smoke etc. plus she always said every song from ARTPOP would get a video, I really believe that Joanne will have a MV for every song, and each one is a story, about parts of her life as Gaga said.

Then, Gaga reveals the album title Joanne, and how it's all about her aunty who passed away, whom she's always kind of talked about but only gave away key aspects of Joanne's life. But then, Gaga posts the cover art for Joanne, and it's a pink cowboy hat....

Now, CALL ME CRAZY and I know ya'll will.. but, could "Joanne" actually be a concept album, even though Gaga said it wasn't, and it's actually the continuation of Telephone? Gaga driving into the desert, having a "perfect illusion" that she is a rock star, then all of a sudden rolling around in the dirt with no stage, lights, audience etc.?

Will the second single be a follow up? Ruth Hogben who was supposed to direct the Venus video, directed the video for PI, she also did the Intel X Grammys performance film, so who knows what Gaga is cooking up.  She'd had 3 years to plan out the entire era, she just had to make it perfect and make the music absolutely great.

I dunno, call me crazy but it all makes sense

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

darkchylde
7 minutes ago, JoshieS said:

I really believe that Joanne will have a MV for every song

may god hear you sis

JEWRJEWR
10 minutes ago, JoshieS said:

The continuation of the Telephone video.
Monsters have wanted this more than anything for YEARS. 6 to be exact.

Is this still a thing? Just let it go :toofunny: 

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Joshie S
Just now, JEWRJEWR said:

Is this still a thing? Just let it go :toofunny: 

i should bookmark u and when the continuation comes out i can send this link to u

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Katsuki Bakugo

No- but good try! 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

thierryrreiht
1 hour ago, VenusOddity said:

may god hear you sis

Honestly that was the only part that really mattered and that really explains what we want. I am NOT here for a Telephone continuation. But a bideo for every song? That's ling overdue for Gaga, especially since she was supposed to do that eith ARTPOP and we were so f-ing excited. 

But one can inly hope...

nativenewyorker

Gaga: "Joanne is not a concept album. It's different from all of my other albums. It's just bunch of songs about my life."

Fan: "Do you think Joanne is an elaborate concept album and a redo of ARTPOP?"

Lol it's a cute theory but I don't think it's true. Everything Gaga has said about Joanne goes against it. To me, this is a reaction to ARTPOP. If ARTPOP was The Fame Monster, Joanne would be Red & Blue. If that makes any sense. Going from the most Gaga we've seen Lady Gaga go (blaring EDM, craziest fashion) to the least Gaga we've seen ("analog" music, casual fashion)

Joanne is an effort to show us the relatable aspects of her. One of the biggest complaints with ARTPOP was unrelatable songs that are hard to understand at first listen. With Joanne, I have a feeling she's throwing all the elaborate metaphors and "poetic wizardry" out the window and giving us straight up emotion. Less Mary Jane Holland/Jewels N Drugs and more Dope/You and I in terms of how direct she is with the songwriting. 

v2QlUosOwrrUs.gif

No she won't look back now. Listen to her recent interviews, Joanne has nothing to do with her previous works..  

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

Archived