💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

WhatCulture Article Was Right About Gaga?

OmgSum1Actually

Featured Posts

OmgSum1Actually

At this point, Lady Gaga's appeal has exceeded its expiry date. Though she took the world by storm in 2008 with the release of The Fame an album which contained a bunch of popular, catchy pop songs she subsequently began to damn herself by getting caught up in the whole shock performance thing. Over the next few years, Gaga attempted to repeatedly out-shock herself, stripping off more clothing, and showing up to award shows covered in meat or curled up inside an egg. For a while, it was appealing. At the very least it was trendy, and something that everyone talked about. But as time passed, Gaga become less shocking and more predictable, struggling desperately to retain the general population's attention. She tried to go arty with 2013's ARTPOP, and received mixed reviews from critics. She then attempted to go high-brow with her 2014 Tony Bennett collaboration Cheek To Cheek, but that album barely cracked the UK top ten chart, and quickly fell off in sales. Gaga's next album, then, due for release in 2016, has a tough time ahead of it. Gaga's shocking antics have become boring, her attempts to be arty didn't convince critics and her most recent album despite doing well sold the least of her entire career. Gaga's next album, then, is backed into a considerable corner.

Read the whole article on music predictions for 2016 here http://whatculture.com/music/10-bold-music-predictions-for-2016?page=11

Shameless selfpromo

ARTPOPNick
1 minute ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

At this point, Lady Gaga's appeal has exceeded its expiry date. Though she took the world by storm in 2008 with the release of The Fame an album which contained a bunch of popular, catchy pop songs she subsequently began to damn herself by getting caught up in the whole shock performance thing. Over the next few years, Gaga attempted to repeatedly out-shock herself, stripping off more clothing, and showing up to award shows covered in meat or curled up inside an egg. For a while, it was appealing. At the very least it was trendy, and something that everyone talked about. But as time passed, Gaga become less shocking and more predictable, struggling desperately to retain the general population's attention. She tried to go arty with 2013's ARTPOP, and received mixed reviews from critics. She then attempted to go high-brow with her 2014 Tony Bennett collaboration Cheek To Cheek, but that album barely cracked the UK top ten chart, and quickly fell off in sales. Gaga's next album, then, due for release in 2016, has a tough time ahead of it. Gaga's shocking antics have become boring, her attempts to be arty didn't convince critics and her most recent album despite doing well sold the least of her entire career. Gaga's next album, then, is backed into a considerable corner.

Read the whole article on music predictions for 2016 here http://whatculture.com/music/10-bold-music-predictions-for-2016?page=11

Stopped reading here..

But the first sentence is true I guess.

2 minutes ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

Cheek To Cheek, but that album barely cracked the UK top ten chart, and quickly fell off in sales.

In the US it charted at #1 and has already almost outsold ARTPOP Id say C2C did quite good considering its jazz.

The Surrealist

her attempts to be arty

It is not an attempt to "BE ARTY".

She is art.

venusfly

She certainly does have everything stacked against her when it comes to sales, its up to everyone whether they want to care about that or not. But it is time to accept Joanne will not be commercially successful.

Swan Heart

Can this stop.

tumblr_oe4o2mawVI1ufqm4co1_250.gif

The artice is obviously bullshit.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

TeenIdle

I hate it when people speak of Gaga as she's just some attention seeker..:saladga: I understand why she's sick of all that 

OmgSum1Actually
3 minutes ago, ARTPOPNick said:

Stopped reading here..

But the first sentence is true I guess.

2 minutes ago, Patella said:

In the US it charted at #1 and has already almost outsold ARTPOP Id say C2C did quite good considering its jazz.

I agree on that one, Cheek To Cheek was really successful in USA, but no one in Europe knew about the album lol... 

Shameless selfpromo

OmgSum1Actually
3 minutes ago, LG said:

She certainly does have everything stacked against her when it comes to sales, its up to everyone whether they want to care about that or not. But it is time to accept Joanne will not be commercially successful.

giphy.gif

Shameless selfpromo

OmgSum1Actually
2 minutes ago, Swan Heart said:

Can this stop.

tumblr_oe4o2mawVI1ufqm4co1_250.gif

The artice is obviously bullshit.

It's kinda possible that this might happen, like not even her fans are that much excited about her music and everything seems to be falling apart at this point

Shameless selfpromo

OmgSum1Actually
4 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

I hate it when people speak of Gaga as she's just some attention seeker..:saladga: I understand why she's sick of all that 

Do you know the interview in which she said that she loves attention, but she's not doing that for the attention?

Shameless selfpromo

Swan Heart

It's kinda possible that this might happen, like not even her fans are that much excited about her music and everything seems to be falling apart at this point

You're overreacting.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

ARTPOPNick
5 minutes ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

I agree on that one, Cheek To Cheek was really successful in USA, but no one in Europe knew about the album lol... 

Well it were American standards they sang, people here aren't even into "jazz" either, but the tour did pretty well in Europe so...

TeenIdle
3 minutes ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

Do you know the interview in which she said that she loves attention, but she's not doing that for the attention?

Just another reverse Gagaholian experience I guess? :awkney:

Archived