💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What does Gaga have left to prove?

Bebe

Featured Posts

This is mostly directed to people who are worried about Gaga's commercial success. It's not an attack, but a legitimate question.

I've seen people criticise Gaga, call her lazy or stupid or say she needs to work with RedOne or something in order to get a hit. Some people act as if they need her to be successful so she can 'reclaim her throne' or some other ludicrous reason. Why though? Why would Gaga care about that and what has she got to prove?

She has had the #1 singles, she has had the #1 albums, she has had the giant world tours, she has had the iconic performances, she has the iconic fashion moments, she has had iconic songs, she has had iconic music videos, she has met presidents and royalty (and performed for them), she has been the biggest star on the planet, she has won Grammies, she has won a Golden Globe, she is an Academy Award nominee, she has had her work displayed in The Louvre, she has a sculpture made of her by Jeff Koons, she made a jazz album with Tony Bennett, she has been the lead actress in a television series, she is about to be the lead actress in a movie, she is apparently going to play the Super Bowl Halftime Show, she has made an impact on pop culture, she is worth 1/4 of a billion dollars. That's only scratching at the surface of what she has achieved.

I think those who are worried due to a potential lack of funding for projects or a tour have tiny bit of legitimacy but even then, not only is it so highly unlikely that Gaga won't be able to make videos or tour, the video for G.U.Y was self funded and TF Ball was low budget but genuinely a brilliant show - she doesn't need to fill stadiums to be entertaining and she doesn't need much money to make compelling music videos.

But from Gaga's perspective what does she have left to prove? Why should she care where her song charts? She has been the biggest star on the planet, she has been there and done that. From her perspective, why wouldn't she just make great songs that she loves and not worry about charts?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel Down

Well she would have to prove her longetivity as a successful artist I guess. But I'd rather have quality over success anytime so I don't care.

Edit: On a second thought, why not both? :laughga: Bad Romance WAS quality, so was Poker Face and Born This Way.. Idk omg:saladga:

No space performance, no experimental hip hop albums :nails:

We're also still not sure if Michael's god is here or ever will be too :unicorn:

The Surrealist

Gaga is not doing music for the charts anymore. She is doing music to heal her soul after what ARTPOP did to her and relation to her fans and public.

4 minutes ago, Angel Down said:

Well she would have to prove her longetivity as a successful artist I guess. But I'd rather have quality over success anytime so I don't care.

Longevity isn't the same as success. The majority of Britney Spears's hits and record sales came from a span of time just as short as the TF/M eras and Britney's an icon of the industry. GaGa could release 50 flop albums and she would still be one of the most commercially successful artists ever.

HighwayFantasy

It's very simple; isn't it very enjoyable when your favorite (pop)star having succes in the industry while she is making great music? I just miss her ambition to change the world with statements and a more conceptual look on her artistry. 

Note: I am in love with PI and I don't really care for the succes that it can/cannot have. Its just that I love to see her perform..

3 minutes ago, Nino said:

No space performance, no experimental hip hop albums :nails:

We're also still not sure if Michael's god is here or ever will be too :unicorn:

I still want that space performance :nails:
Yes I know that it was cancelled and I know exactly why it was cancelled.
But damn it, it would've been the coolest thing she's ever done. 

Reality

I've been asking this question too. She really has nothing left to prove, and really, she shouldn't have had anything to prove in the first place. At the end of the day, this is her passion, this is her livelihood, she shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone—all she has to do is make music that she's happy about.

I feel like some people want her to be successful because they're projecting and they really are just doing it because it inflates some sort of ego or something—I mean, how does Gaga's success affect you? You're not getting her money, you're not apart of her team. I feel like some people just want her to be successful because they can tell other fanbases that she's the best.

🃏🖤👹

Just now, sarahb said:

I still want that space performance :nails:
Yes I know that it was cancelled and I know exactly why it was cancelled.
But damn it, it would've been the coolest thing she's ever done. 

My post was a joke :laughga:

Dramatica

She has one thing left to proove : That she can dominate the charts again, After a long messy period. :lolga:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Just now, Gaga of Time said:

She has one thing left to proove : That she can dominate the charts again. :lolga:

She's already shown that she can chart well though. :confused: 

Erm so are you succesting that she has allready achieved everything on The planet and is in The place of a legend who truly has nothing to prove anymore but to enjoy life? Nothing has ever surpassed her work? Shes been true pioneer if everything? Riiiight...

Then you would be very very wrong. She has quite a lot to prove and "endure" to achieve The forementioned status of a legend. As you know, a few number ones don't do it. There are hundreds of artists with those through out history. Yet not all are legends that endured The rest of time...

But like I said in some other thread. She doesnt have to he numbe one to be a legend. However certain degree of success is needed. 

But most of all, she needs to keep proving herself as an artist for another 15+ years to be a legend. So yeah, she has a lot to prove still. :) Ofcourse she can do it! 

Ps. Be "proving" I truly mean delivery brilliant artistry that will make ppl want to see/listen to her for years to come. Again, moderate commercial success is plenty enough.

Dramatica
Just now, Nino said:

She's already shown that she can chart well though. :confused: 

I don't mean during her peak. But after a long period where she didn't do well.

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Just now, Gaga of Time said:

I don't mean during her peak. But after a long period where she didn't do well.

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Erm so are you succesting that she has allready achieved everything on The planet and is in The place of a legend who truly has nothing to prove anymore but to enjoy life? Nothing has ever surpassed her work? Shes been true pioneer if everything? Riiiight...

Then you would be very very wrong. She has quite a lot to prove and "endure" to achieve The forementioned status of a legend. As you know, a few number ones don't do it. There are hundreds of artists with those through out history. Yet not all are legends that endured The rest of time...

But like I said in some other thread. She doesnt have to he numbe one to be a legend. However certain degree of success is needed. 

But most of all, she needs to keep proving herself as an artist for another 15+ years to be a legend. So yeah, she has a lot to prove still. :) Ofcourse she can do it! 

Michael Jackson is remembered for 2 smash hit  albums. Something tells me GaGa will be okay.

Archived