Will & Grace is back!

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iwontell

One (gay man) can only hope...
search_results.gif?1383715090

Karen Walker is not only my spirit animal, but one of my favorite TV characters of all time (and I've been watching way more TV than anyone should much before most of y'all were born...)

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

JusKeepBreathin

One of the last great comedies on television. I really tried to get into How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. God they are just awful. And Modern Family is not good at all. I'd rather watch reruns of Will and Grace, Married With Children, and AbFab all day then watch the crapy comedy on network television right now.  Thank God for HBO. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Just now, BadMonster said:

Nope, those are the Will & Grace sets :giveup: Will in his living room :giveup: 

Well that may be doing a reboot.

I don't think that they would hire the original cast though, with all of them having ifferent things going on, and the actress playing Karen, despite being mostly known for that role, being a completely different person in real life.

However, I'm not all that excited, since the magic wouldn't be the same, I think. Homosexual characters are more widely accepted, and I'm not sure if the LGBT community would just let a character like Jack run around now. He was good for his time, but I think he would be seen as a stereotype, and seem rather flat.

I think it all depends on which audience they want to capture, but I honestly don't think they'd hire the original actors.

I do think it's rather weird though, having a reboot this early. I mean, most sitcoms getting rebooted ended in the 70s, 80s, or even earlier. And what hasn't gotten a reboot has some sort of spiritual succesor (ala Hot in Cleveland may as well be the successor to the Golden Girls).

JusKeepBreathin
3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Well that may be doing a reboot.

I don't think that they would hire the original cast though, with all of them having ifferent things going on, and the actress playing Karen, despite being mostly known for that role, being a completely different person in real life.

However, I'm not all that excited, since the magic wouldn't be the same, I think. Homosexual characters are more widely accepted, and I'm not sure if the LGBT community would just let a character like Jack run around now. He was good for his time, but I think he would be seen as a stereotype, and seem rather flat.

I think it all depends on which audience they want to capture, but I honestly don't think they'd hire the original actors.

I do think it's rather weird though, having a reboot this early. I mean, most sitcoms getting rebooted ended in the 70s, 80s, or even earlier. And what hasn't gotten a reboot has some sort of spiritual succesor (ala Hot in Cleveland may as well be the successor to the Golden Girls).

I don't think there is a reboot because Debrah has her show right now and I think Karen is starting in a show this fall. I would love a couple movies like AbFab or Sex in The City.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

2 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I don't think there is a reboot because Debrah has her show right now and I think Karen is starting in a show this fall. I would love a couple movies like AbFab or Sex in The City.

I meant a reboot with different actors and maybe they're just counseling the actors on set or helped write the scripts or something.

I'm not that excited for it, really. Things have changed and the magic won't be the same. And I don't see the point to a movie for it. It wasn't a dramedy and it pretty much tied up most of its loose ends and had a timeskip. I have no idea what this would be except for a reboot.

lavenderblondee

YAAAAS.  I am so curious what this means.  I will never forget watching the finale when it aired. It's weird timing too cause just last month I was looking into buying the seasons and rewatching it in its entirety. the networks it airs on now will air episodes in order until like half way through and then stop :madge:

ReidOne

Honestly, one of the most brilliant things about Will & Grace was that there was a cultural NEED for television programming like that in it's time. In the post-Seinfeld NBC era, sitcoms were the primary way to influence American culture. And Will & Grace were an absolute FORCE in helping drive visibility and acceptance of gay lifestyles to conservative Americans. 

But it's 2016. 

We don't need this (from them) at this point. Please keep it in the past where it belongs, where it was relevant. Unless the jokes are just wayyyy too good to pass up, I don't see any form of an on-set reunion being true to the show's legacy. 

Damn, I'm negative Nancy about this apparently, lol. And I lived for this show! 

tumblr_nvlydddqIg1qiohboo2_r1_250.gif

Archived