throwback

2nd single mess

Rifek

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RabbitHeart

Between this and the Judas-rush-release-Edge-of-Glory fiasco, Gaga doesn't have the best track record for second singles

FlopSlurper

Commercial wise, DWUW is a better choice. If only they didn't mess it up and announced it as a 2nd single from the beginning.

Don't even remind me of the injustice of DWUW. That coulda been one of her biggest hits if she shot and released a good memorable MV without R Kelly. :nails:

It's not the first time there is a situation with the second single :poot: I hope it doesn't become a tradition 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Poissonche

She shouldn't release any other song than PI until the release of the album. That way, this kind of mess will be avoided.

3 minutes ago, kupo said:

And that time Judas was a second single for a hot minute.

It was the second single, it was just that the era was short and TEOG was slaying as a promo single and it became the official third single (when, word on the street, it was supposed to be Marry the Night) :poot: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Iwontell

Oh, I remember that...it was the first time I went "Oh, her management is absolutely clueless of what they're doing...great..." :poot:

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Red said:

It was the second single, it was just that the era was short and TEOG was slaying as a promo single and it became the official third single (when, word on the street, it was supposed to be Marry the Night) :poot: 

It's totally forgivable how messy that general span of time was for Gags, mostly because TEOG got its official release and slayed like it should have. (though I still lament the video.)

Gaga Medicine
2 minutes ago, Red said:

Really? I read once that the singles order were supposed to be Born This Way, Marry the Night, Scheiße and The Edge of Glory. No Judas and You and I as you can see. But I'm glad You and I was a single.

RedandBlue
7 minutes ago, Gaga Medicine said:

Really? I read once that the singles order were supposed to be Born This Way, Marry the Night, Scheiße and The Edge of Glory. No Judas and You and I as you can see. But I'm glad You and I was a single.

I remember the album sticker said that it featured BTW, Judas and Marry The Night.

I also believe that Monster was supposed to be the 4th single off of TFM, as it was released as a downloadable song in Rock Band at the time Telephone was being promoted. Generally, Rock Band releases songs by artists in batches, usually including what is the next scheduled single for cross-promo.

Archived