💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

PI itunes version...too low?

HoeMoe

Featured Posts

has anyone realized the itunes version being way too low? 

in my car or even headphones on max and it feels like its 50-60% volume.

when i play something else and start PI, i always have to turn the volume up.......:saladga:

What’s fortnight

JevyDuty

Yes... they need to replace all the singles already sold and make it sound exactly like the music video. Even her background singing pops out in the audio of the music video. 

I'm starting to think PI was rushed.

I made a status about this yesterday! It's so annoying because i'm constantly always turning up the volume when it comes on but then go deaf when the next song comes on :toofunny: Got a pretty good reply by @Supersonic

"It's because of the mastering. Pop music is usually mastered at a very high volume so it sounds larger than life when it comes out through speaker or headphones, but if you master the track to be quieter the subtle nuances of the instrumentation & dynamics of a song tend to become more prominent overall. Sometimes we are even conditioned to think loud = good, which leads us to believe than any song that is loud & in your face, sounds like a smash hit. I've seen an experiment online where they lowered the volume of then current hits (Teenage Dream by Katy Perry for example), and people found the song sounded a lot less massive, like a hit or even empty when played quieter.

Ariana Grande has been doing a similar thing with her Dangerous Woman album, which is significantly quieter than other pop records that are currently around.

There's an entire wikipedia article about this too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war"

Does anyone know how to fix this on spotify so it's equal?

LetsGetHigh

Yes. It's not only the iTunes version, it's the one distributed everywhere. You don't notice it much on Spotify cause Spotify equalizes the volume on all the songs. 

I use Spotify + another streaming app, and the latter doesn't have the equalization mechanism so it's annoying when PI comes and I have to turn the volume up and then down when the song finishes.

Iwontell

Idk...but it just doesn't sound as good as YT's or Spotify's version...you can barely hear the percussion...:sweat:

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Yes. It's not only the iTunes version, it's the one distributed everywhere. You don't notice it much on Spotify cause Spotify equalizes the volume on all the songs. 

I use Spotify + another streaming app, and the latter doesn't have the equalization mechanism so it's annoying when PI comes and I have to turn the volume up and then down when the song finishes.

too bad its blocked in my country... i tried opening the spotify versoin when it came out many times & it wouldnt work, until i realized its one of those unnecessary blocks these cunts always do here......god i hate place :cryga:

What’s fortnight

28 minutes ago, Larry Hill said:

Yes... they need to replace all the singles already sold and make it sound exactly like the music video. Even her background singing pops out in the audio of the music video. 

I'm starting to think PI was rushed.

yeah i guess they can replace it on itunes, im surprised that hasnt been done yet.

What’s fortnight

DeanWinchester
29 minutes ago, Larry Hill said:

Yes... they need to replace all the singles already sold and make it sound exactly like the music video.

Yes. And we have to buy the new versions again :usrs:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

17 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

I notice it on Spotify too. :rip: It's actually very annoying. :/

36 minutes ago, Earthfan said:

I made a status about this yesterday! It's so annoying because i'm constantly always turning up the volume when it comes on but then go deaf when the next song comes on :toofunny: Got a pretty good reply by @Supersonic

"It's because of the mastering. Pop music is usually mastered at a very high volume so it sounds larger than life when it comes out through speaker or headphones, but if you master the track to be quieter the subtle nuances of the instrumentation & dynamics of a song tend to become more prominent overall. Sometimes we are even conditioned to think loud = good, which leads us to believe than any song that is loud & in your face, sounds like a smash hit. I've seen an experiment online where they lowered the volume of then current hits (Teenage Dream by Katy Perry for example), and people found the song sounded a lot less massive, like a hit or even empty when played quieter.

Ariana Grande has been doing a similar thing with her Dangerous Woman album, which is significantly quieter than other pop records that are currently around.

There's an entire wikipedia article about this too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war"

Does anyone know how to fix this on spotify so it's equal?

It's not that, I wish it was.

The reason it's quiet is because of the jump in loudness actually on the track. Songs are mastered to sound seamless on an album but that becomes an issue on iTunes and Spotify because they're aware playlists and shuffling are popular so if they didn't "fix this" playback would become awkward with jumps in volume everywhere so they attempt to level all of the tracks themselves. That sudden jump in volume for the first chorus completely throws off this levelling causing the track to now be quiet.

7 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Yes. And we have to buy the new versions again :usrs:

i doubt it, they can replace it and you can redownload it from ur pruchased tab

i think someone on the middle east store did the same before.. if they did it here im sure that can be done in US store too 

What’s fortnight

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, MomoQ said:

i doubt it, they can replace it and you can redownload it from ur pruchased tab

i think someone on the middle east store did the same before.. if they did it here im sure that can be done in US store too 

mess i was joking so we could get PI to get some sales again :emma:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived