đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Strobe lights in the Perfect Illusion music video

itsdominik

Featured Posts

itsdominik

When I was watching the Perfect Illusion music video for the first time I noticed the excessive use of strobe lights during the music video. Since then I was thinking about why they would add this effect, since it makes it a bit exhausting for the eyes to watch the video.

Of course they could have added it just because it fits into the "rock concert" theme, but I think the strobe lights have a deeper meaning.

So my theory is that the strobe lights in the music video represent how blinded people can be by the Perfect Illusion.

Sorry if this is already known, it came into my mind right now and I thought I would share my theory.

What do you think.

kabirartfling

Ur digging too deep into her work :flutter: cuz the truth is that she just wanted a simple music video filled with raw energy :flutter: but i like ur theory none the less :flutter:

Give your love to me

Sky del Blue
7 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

Ur digging too deep into her work :flutter: cuz the truth is that she just wanted a simple music video filled with raw energy :flutter: but i like ur theory none the less :flutter:

This

If you look at how they are going off one at a time from a different angle its all done so the image blurs and then camera has to focus on the image again and again and each time thanks to the lighs random order and random angle the focus is on different part of the image, thats what they went for in the video so it creates this blurry images and then chooses random focus point and it all adds to the effect of illusion and makes you wonder what is real and what is not and the video is cut quite masterfully making it even more chaotic. 

15 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

I dont think its that deep, Gaga has always wanted everything to be on spot and have meaning in her videos, she even said it herself couple of time. When creating, she always gets into what means what and what does it convey to the audience, its one of the things I love about her work, everything has its meaning. But she did want a simple music video, because the song is simple and it fits perfectly.

20 minutes ago, MonsterOfficial said:

that's how ecstasy works

Yes! Enhanced sensability and perception, feeling of euphoria and everything seems clearer, even tough your sense are hightened and you can have hallucinations. It all fits together the lyrics(ecstasy or MDMA - 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine - thats why she used high like amphetamine), the video and the song production. 

Glittertinks

I actually like this theory. The strobe light are really too much, but I guess Gaga had something in mind with it. Just like the desert has a deeper meaning, something you realize after a few views.

Linus Gaga

Too much but i like a music video with strobe light , what a good visual , she should add strobe light on some dance song mv 

Hit me a message and say hi !

Archived