💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

25th anniversary of Nirvana's "Nevermind" - September 24th

ck105

Featured Posts

Any fans of the "Nevermind" album by Nirvana?  How has it held up after 25 years?

I can remember "Smells Like Teen Spirit" being played constantly on MTV and radio.  Same with the song "In Bloom".  I'm sure you've heard "Come As You Are" on the radio/MTV over the years as well.  Many consider it to be Nirvana's best album and it's hard to argue with the choice.  Some even go as far as to say it's one of the best albums of the 1990's.

NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg

Cody Draco

Definitely a classic album with a massive amount of well deserved influence.

I don't listen to them personally but I have the utmost respect for their songwriting. 

It's the kind of music I was hoping Gaga would be writing this era tbh.

I'm going to get lambasted in this thread so much, but: I've not listened to Nirvana at all, except I listened to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" once and didn't like it. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Lord Temptation

Most overrated album in history.

It's only acclaimed because music journalists needed an "important" album to kick start "grunge".

1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Most overrated album in history.

It's only acclaimed because music journalists needed an "important" album to kick start "grunge".

You wanna talk most overrated album in history: Abbey Road :diane:

2 minutes ago, Gohan said:

I feel so ashamed by saying this, but it's my favorite album from Nirvana, Sorry, Kurt :giveup: 
Blasting it right now :rockstar:

@JDi @YourSweet666 Cµm celebrate!

I'm actually not a huge fan but I have great empathy for Kurt.

I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying Nevermind the most. I know how he felt about it and surely if it was 1991 I'd like Bleach better... and if it was 1994 I'd have no doubt In Utero is their best work but in 2016 it's only natural Nevermind takes the cake. I can't think of an album that can make as many people feel instant nostalgia for a time they never lived in. it truly is a time capsule like no other and that's precious.

Chuckles
14 hours ago, JDi said:

I'm actually not a huge fan but I have great empathy for Kurt.

I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying Nevermind the most. I know how he felt about it and surely if it was 1991 I'd like Bleach better... and if it was 1994 I'd have no doubt In Utero is their best work but in 2016 it's only natural Nevermind takes the cake. I can't think of an album that can make as many people feel instant nostalgia for a time they never lived in. it truly is a time capsule like no other and that's precious.

Hit it right in the spot :giveup:

And yes I love every song on this album!!

TBH I always found Nirvana Overrated and boring, but yeah... Nevermind is a great album...

Spoiler

Still... I get sleepy everytime the name nirvana pops up. 

16 hours ago, calmar said:

I'm going to get lambasted in this thread so much, but: I've not listened to Nirvana at all, except I listened to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" once and didn't like it. 

Don't be sad. I hate them with a passion. 
I always preferred Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters

Archived