Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Superbowl Setlist

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

At this point is kind of obvious that Gaga is doing the Superbowl Half-Time Show next year (unless something goes wrong with contracts). So this is what I think should be the set list. (1. being the beginning of the show and 10. the end.)

1. Just Dance: To remind the GP of Gaga's first hit song and to start the show with something familiar

2. Poker Face: One of Gaga's biggest hits and literary everyone knows the song

3. Bad Romance: Same reasons as Pokerface

4. Born This Way: Gaga's biggest hit out of the BTW era

5. You and I: This song has always been perfect for the Superbowl. Also bring out Brian May from Queen

6. Applause: Gaga's biggest hit from the ARTPOP era. Also they always played this song during football games so it fits perfectly.

7. C2C song (An upbeat one): To showcase Gaga's musical range. Bring out the legend Tony Bennett (older audience in US knows him).

8. Perfect Illusion: To promote Joanne album and like You and I, a perfect song for a half-time show

9. Joanne's second single: To promote Joanne album

10. The Edge of Glory: A big Gaga hit. This song has always sounded like an epic closing song. From its lyrics to the chorus, it just sounds like the grand finale. (unless there is a better closing song on Joanne).

Extra Notes:

-No Beyonce if she does telephone or no telephone at all. Bringing Beyonce out will be overkill for the Superbowl. Also she has enough big hit songs from TF and TFM eras. At the very least a short edited version of the song if she really wants to include it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ferretti

I'd cut C2C and def end with Edge of Glory, like ALL things should.

You and I also might not make it, despite being my fave Gag record. I'll also cut applause, cause, nah.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Phoenix

Start it with the Just Dance intro, something like Beyonce did with Love On Top, short. Then Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, TEOG, Applause, Perfect Illusion, another Joanne single. 

But she'll probably do most of it sitting with a piano or some similar shiz. 

💎

Just now, ferretti said:

I'd cut C2C and def end with Edge of Glory, like ALL things should.

You and I also might not make it, despite being my fave Gag record. I'll also cut applause, cause, nah.

Including C2C will be a great idea because she will showcase her overall artistry and talent and because the older people watching the show will enjoy it. She will have something for everyone.

Just now, TheFame Monster said:

She has like 15 minutes not 40:laughga:

She is going to doing short versions of the songs just like everyone does.

boyerased

I personally would end it with born this way. Ending songs are usually uplifing or preachy. Songs where people are united to point where sometimes it's spiritual. She could brings out kids and people of all ages and sexuality in the end to signify being united and one. A recognition of lgbt at the nfl on that scale would be unprecedented. Another thing is she should do a we will rock you and you and I mash up. 

MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

7. C2C song (An upbeat one): To showcase Gaga's musical range. Bring out the legend Tony Bennett (older audience in US knows him).

you think they'll let her perform a jazz song... and bring tony bennett on stage? :rip:

RockySayTalk

No Cheek to Cheek, BTW song or Applause

maybe also not start with Just Dance but with Poker Face (a la Monster Ball)

Hopefully a Joanne song will be good for it (Hey Girl so Florence can come?)

love the we will rock you/you and I mash up idea, give us Speechless/Your Song level slayage please

TheFame Monster
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

She is going to doing short versions of the songs just like everyone does.

Still too many songs. Tons of short songs will just become messy.  

Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

you think they'll let her perform a jazz song... and bring tony bennett on stage? :rip:

You know they have performed jazz songs in the half time show before? You know that Tony Bennet himself has been in a half time show before?

Archived