💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Time to declare PI a buzz single move on to the next one

Mujinkyaku

Featured Posts

Mujinkyaku

The reception, critical or commercial, has been tepid at best. Even a big portion of the fandom can't seem to get excited for it.

I feel like this single has almost been a hype killer for this era, because it is so far below most expectations, especially considering the talent involved (it took 4 people to cook up this Pat Benatar B-Side? Okay...).

The sound and image are interesting choices but the execution leaves a lot to be desired: the song is one of her weakest in terms of hook(s) / melodie(s), and her worst single. Perfect Illusion is album filler, not lead single material... The video is also underwhelming.

Like, she / her team need to come harder.

/rant

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

she's not a pop star anymore. accept it and move on.

7FuC8Vl.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Jonathanholland

I misread and fought Time magazine was declaring PI a Buzz single :sweat:

PI is currently rising big time on iTunes tho, give it time

Before there was love, there was silence

Dude, she has more artistic integrity than anyone in the industry right now. She will never do that. And she isn't aiming for slayage this era omg. She's putting out art she likes. This will be the era where she won't have any top ten hit and I think I'm ok with that for the most part.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

djBuffoon
1 minute ago, Mujinkyaku said:

I feel like this single has almost been a hype killer for this era, because it is so far below most expectations, especially considering the talent involved (it took 4 people to cook up this Pat Benatar B-Side? Okay...).

:awkney::madge: :what:

TheKillerQueen

The song is amazing, but I agree. It wasn't a good choice for a "comeback" single. Don't even get me started on the music video... :toofunny:

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Morphine Prince

No. 

It's her best lead single since Bad Romance imo. 

I love it and idc how bad it does commercially or what the public thinks of it. My love of the music is all that matters. 

Archived