💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga talks about Perfect Illusion for The Sun, was SHOOK for PI being #1

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

“It is about all kinds of relationships, every kind of love in your life and mine.

“And I think it’s both sides – it’s not really from the woman’s perspective this song – it was important to me that men, when they heard this song, felt connected to women even though the song is essentially about a barrier between us.

“The song essentially is about how I believe that many of us are wondering why so many fake things that are around us appear to be real. They appear to be so real and it’s almost impossible to decipher anymore what is authentic and what isn’t.”

She told me: “You’re scrolling through social media or going through Instagram and you’re overloaded with things that are filtered and in a way I believe that that has seeped into personal relationships, dating and friendship, so what’s happening is we’re trying to establish human connections but we’re doing it through falling in love with a perfect illusion.

“So I say in this song, ‘dilated falling free in this modern ecstasy’, and that’s what Perfect Illusion is all about.”

She said: “I think this is the first time in ages that I haven’t been really at all, even the night before, wondering what the song was going to do chart wise.

“I have just been so focused on the music and being in the studio and when I woke up and saw that and as the hours went on it went No.1 I’m relieved but I’m also kind of in shock to be honest.

“And Mark is so funny he’s like ‘Is this just what happens? Did they think this was going to happen? How did this happen?’ It’s amazing.”

read more: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1765608/lady-gaga-hints-new-hit-perfect-illusion-is-about-heartbreaking-split-with-fiance-taylor-kinney/

Dramatica
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:
“So I say in this song, ‘dilated falling free in this modern ecstasy’, and that’s what Perfect Illusion is all about.”

That lines sums up my entire life.

emobrit.gif

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Angel Down

She is so NOT success hungry :toofunny:
Well this is good because she is going to focus on the music and ONLY.
And I can't wait to see what follows after the masterpiece Perfect Illusion 

Can she stop with the social media lies and admit it's about Taylor already? 

I wonder if she checked iTunes after this article. 

V40bI4r.gif

Evan Peters

Queen of writing songs about fake relationships/bullshit that plagues Hollywood and social media 

emma roberts is an abuser

I'm sorry but the whole Instagram explanation is totally ridiculous. Not that I don't like the idea.

I mean, I know Gaga has this thing creating this double meaning to her songs which is always nice but the song itself doesn't even suggest it being anything other than a relationship gone wrong.

fvmemonster
5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I wonder if she checked iTunes after this article. 

V40bI4r.gif

If the song is about Taylor id actually be a lil disappointed. Since the album is "deep lyrically" (per Ronson) I need deeper lyrics. 😩🙏🏾

high heeled fem
2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I'm sorry but the whole Instagram explanation is totally ridiculous. Not that I don't like the idea.

I mean, I know Gaga has this thing creating this double meaning to her songs which is always nice but the song itself doesn't even suggest it being anything other than a relationship gone wrong.

Cringe I know right? Just be honest that you had stuff to get off your chest, clearly this song is influenced by Taylor even a small part 

you don't break a marriage off for nothing - she's trying to downplay it as per usual. The only reason she admitted to breaking up with Tay is cause she was off partying on his bday so it was obvious to the world .... She would have probs still kept quiet today if his bday didn't happen yet

iMonster
19 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

You're probably just perceiving it one dimensional. With filtering (yes photoshop has been around but now covering up is so accessible to all), social trending about uselessness, etc somethings that may seem great or "perfect" sometimes aren't. Hence why . . . 

Spoiler

you’re overloaded with things that are filtered and in a way I believe that that has seeped into personal relationships, dating and friendship, so what’s happening is we’re trying to establish human connections but we’re doing it through falling in love with a perfect illusion.

When she says "I'm over the show" - or "that's what It means to crush, now that I'm waking up" those lines among others can be applied also to our technology of today & all relationships not just girlfriend/boyfriend. Imagine seeing someone you've followed from YT or IG and they seem so down to earth and likable in their content, but are truly nasty or dull in real life. They've portrayed something for the show of it. They weren't the picture you've painted in your mind. Perfect. Illusion. 

That's my take anyway. Even before this article I felt like she wasn't just talking about one relationship in particular but the state of our current time with technology.  

giskardsb

whats most interesting is that she say's it also applies from the "mans" point of view....ie, maybe admitting that she wasn't as real and open to Taylor as she should be also.

14 minutes ago, fvmemonster said:

If the song is about Taylor id actually be a lil disappointed. Since the album is "deep lyrically" (per Ronson) I need deeper lyrics. 😩🙏🏾

He said "deep musically"

29 minutes ago, Weasel said:

It's not. It's just made to appear that way. Do you really think she would broadcast to the world (and him) that she never loved him and their relationship was built on a lie? Of course not. Just a month ago she said she believes she and Taylor are soulmates and hopes they will get back together. She wouldn't have made a bitter, angry song like Perfect Illusion about him if she still felt that way about him.

If the song is about anyone in her personal life, it's probably about Troy Carter. But I think the message about social media is the one Gaga wants us to take away from it.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Archived