💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Janet fans drop 100 receipts for Hall of Fame induction

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

This video is giving me absolute LIFE!!!! Our favorites, the creators of The Legends Panel video series on YouTube, are executing an all out STORM across social media to petition the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to induct Janet Jackson.... something that is much deserved and long overdue. 

They have even made this video of 100 receipts that prove her worth... I'm not gonna lie, as a life-long Janet fan, I was moved to tears several times while watching this. Her impact is literally unmatched. Yes, I said it... UNMATCHED. 

Watch and use the hashtag! #InductJanet

GloZell Green

Oh my. She hasn't been inducted? Let's make it happen everyone #InductJanet :firega:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

ReidOne

This is probably the greatest receipt, out of all 100.... (which is why it's presented by the creator of the video himself, in the video): 

"Black Cat, written, produced and composed solely by Janet Jackson was the first song in history to top both Billboard's Rock and the Billboard's Hot 100 charts simultaneously." 

Not just the first black artist.
Not just the first female artist.
But the first time by ANY ARTIST. 

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... it's time to #InductJanet!!!! 

Skip to the receipt here: 

ReidOne
18 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

"Black Cat, written, produced and composed solely by Janet Jackson was the first song in history to top both Billboard's Rock and the Billboard's Hot 100 charts simultaneously." 

No shade to Gaga, but when will Venus :firega:

ChasingGhosts

Not being disrespectful but I literally don't know a single Janet Jackson song, except Scream - and that's Michael's.

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

33 minutes ago, ChasingGhosts said:

Not being disrespectful but I literally don't know a single Janet Jackson song, except Scream - and that's Michael's.

Well, you're missing out then. Big time.

those are some Katy Perry kind of "receipts" tho

enough to induct her in the Billboard hall of fame I guess

jojuun
7 minutes ago, JDi said:

those are some Katy Perry kind of "receipts" tho

2 hours ago, Bebe said:

Queen of Pop !!

Yeah tbh, I agree with @JDi. Half of those "reasons" are a reach. I'm sure Azealia Banks charted in Bosnia 3 years ago, so lemme go ahead and make a video pleading to recognise her status for "International Queen of Rap". I mean, really? 

I do absolutely agree Janet needs to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but let's not go overboard with the praise. She is NOT the "Queen of Pop". That title is Madonna's and you all know it. Yes, I'm a Madonna stan, thus I'm defensive, but there is simply no argument. Madonna's sales, cultural impact and tour grosses are ironclad, you can try to debate them but they are there regardless so why even bother? 

Let's not forget Janet Jackson, during an interview in the early nineties, was asked about Madonna and said "I think that what I do has class to it." Madonna was pushing boundaries and re-defining popcareers for women at the time. Yet Janet had to throw her little shade, but still released her R&B Erotica (Velvet Rope) in 1997 and went scantily clad/nude herself for countless photoshoots and appearances in the years after. Comical, no? Kinda reminds me of that time Katy Perry tweeted "using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke" when Alejandro came out, but still went to the Grammy's in 2014 with a huge cross on her chest, attended the 2014 MET Gala dressed as a Biblical figure with a Cathedral-like dress and cross earrings, not to mention her entire speech about being a pastor's daughter turned sexy popstar. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

What Janet did for African-American women in popculture is undebatable, but what Madonna did for women in general is far more of an achievement because even a woman like Janet, who was in a similar position to Madonna, felt the need to "come for her" and basically slutshamed Madonna. 

Another reason, besides the numbers, why Madonna is recognized as the Queen of Pop and Janet is not, is because Madonna has consistently released vastly different albums and visuals throughout her entire career under the "pop" umbrella. Like a Virgin and Ray of Light are both considered pop albums but they sound like complete opposites. LAV is funky eighties pop and ROL is eerie, industrial new-wave with techno and trance influences. All of Janet's albums are considered R&B. The Velvet Rope does stand out as her "Dark&B" album but, while being an evolved version of R&B, it is still R&B. All For You is her most "pop" single, hence it's success probably.

So if anything, call her the Queen of R&B but she is NOT the Queen of Pop. The numbers, the impact, the acclaim and the back catalogues speak for themselves here.

tumblr_n9qwghCVgE1r3ptbfo4_400.gif

Archived