Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Perfect Illusion be as critically acclaimed as "Let It Happen"?

Miracle

Featured Posts

Miracle

As Tame Impala is the producer of "Perfect Illusion" and all his albums (no exceptions) have been highly critically acclaimed (see receipts below), do you think Perfect Illusion will gather the rave reviews his own band compositions get? Discuss

Let It Happen #4 best song of 2015 (Pitchfork)

Currents - 84/100 (Metacritic)

Currents - #1 YearEnd Album (Q Magazine)

Currents - #5 (NME, Consequence Of Sound)

Lonerism - 88/100 (Metacritic)

Some of these media outlets (especially NME) tend to be harsh on Gaga. Will she finally get her critically acclaimed masterpiece BTW had been if it wasn't for the bashing of purist magazines (TinyMixtapes gave it a 0/10) [TFM was critically acclaimed, as well as C2C (at least by jazz experts and GRAMMYs) but none of her albums have reached 80 or more in Metacritic (mostly due to reviews based on her image rather than her music). It's time for her to reach the 80 bar

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iwontell

No, of course not...even if it was as good as "Let it happen" it wouldn't, cuz it has Gaga's name is in it and she's a popstar...(though critics have been nicer to pop music this year)...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Super Natural
2 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

No, she's not a critics darling

She is though. A lot of ha songs are acclaimed. And TFM has a higher metacritic score than 1989. :poot:

Born To Slay
Just now, Super Natural said:

She is though. A lot of ha songs are acclaimed. And TFM has a higher metacritic score than 1989. :poot:

She was one, now she's not in pop music 

MichelMonster

Definitely and yes she is very critically acclaimed artist as well except for one album.

Super Natural
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Yeah ofc cuz she didn't release good music after BTW era except Do What You Want and probably Applause. If she delivers quality again then she'll get good reviews. 

DeanWinchester
8 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

No, she's not a critics darling

3 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

She just won a Jane Ortner award, though. But I suppose she still has lots of detractors.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Edonis

:madge:How :madge: can :madge: we :madge: know :madge: when :madge: we've :madge: yet :madge: to :madge: hear :madge: the :madge: gosh :madge: darn :madge: thing:madge: ? :madge:

Kermit

:toofunny:  I've found Tame Impala's music, more symbolic and of quality, over Gaga's. 

:lana: Hopefully, TI will sprinkle a bit of magic over some LG5 tracks, to make it shine a bit.

To properly answer your question...

We won't know, until it's released and it's reviewed. Until then, it might be best for everyone to take a chill pill, with these hourly threads of "Are You Here For a Sound Like This for..." & "Will _____ Chart Well?".

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

iMonster

Gaga is only a "Pop" Star because she's popular. Not in the traditional, bubble gum sense of the word. She can't be simply because she's a musician first. I'd even take people calling her a singer/songwriter, but saying popstar make it sound like she's only capable for but so much. Which is so far from the truth. I truly hope you guys get ready for the album when Gaga strips down (literally? :giveup:) and goes straight back to her 2007 roots.  

I'm waiting for that return like Potter waited for Voldemort. 

Critics love Gaga (just not on the level of Tame Impala's Work)

Solo:

BTW (71)

TFM (78)

TF (71)

ARTPOP (61)

70,25 as a whole

Kevin can boost her next album, but I would expect her to stay at the low 80 or 70.
I don't see her coming with another ARTPOP and C2C was a though sale since it's jazz and critics like to act like the know it with every heartbeat

Archived