💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Closer about to pull a Tik Tok and block PI

Klou

Featured Posts

Some of you don't care about the charts and just want the music, and that's fine. But for the others that are rooting for PI's performance, Closer is completely obliterating the charts right now and is miles away from everyone else when it comes to sales and streaming. It is wishful thinking that PI would be #1 anyway, but would be extremely unlikely over the next few weeks with Closer dominating.

Are you okay with a #2 peak like Bad Romance? Or will a top 10 satisfy you? Or are you okay if the song completely flops as long as you enjoy the music?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

Well there might be an advantage to releasing the song later, like on the 19th after all.

But anyway, Gaga should be able to overtake the song over time if PI really is good - and radio doesn't refuse to play her.

GagaIsDope

I can't say I don't care how it charts. But I'll be happy with top 5, she's not at the point in her career where she can automatically shoot up to the top

Weasel

One could only DREAM of Bad Romance's impact so who cares if it peaks at #2. It's about longevity, not a #1 for 1 week only to freefall right after. 

Lucas

I'd rather have a top 10 than a #2 blocked by a song like Closer lol, but I doubt it will even go top 10

Phoenix

But seriously, are you all so hyped that you expect Gaga to debut so high? I would be surprised with a Top 10 debut tbh. And I don't care much about charts but still, it would be better if she debuted lower and then rised over weeks than flying of the charts a week later after the release. 

💎

President Biden

It will be a sleeper hit. A top 20 debut and it will slowly grow in the radio and in streaming and eventually peak at #1 sometime in October

I got drunk

Slayer

I'm not sure why so many people are so convinced that she's going to have a #1. Her last pop era wasn't a success and she lost significant popularity. Why would everybody suddenly love her again? She's going to need to earn those #1s and that's going to take some time.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

1 minute ago, Halsey said:

It will be a sleeper hit. A top 20 debut and it will slowly grow in the radio and in streaming and eventually peak at #1 sometime in October

That would be the best scenario :giveup: I want something that will be around for awhile than something extremely front loaded.

yASSsss

Have some faith in Gaga,Bobby,Mark Ronson etc 

reIXxyQ.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

But seriously, are you all so hyped that you expect Gaga to debut so high? I would be surprised with a Top 10 debut tbh. And I don't care much about charts but still, it would be better if she debuted lover and then rised over weeks than flying of the charts a week later after the release. 

I actually am not expecting a high debut at all. It is more a "what if' situation.

PaperIz

Closer is one of the best pop songs I've heard in a long time so I'd still be pressed if they blocked her but not too upset I guess. I think she'll scalp everyone. I'm thinking her comeback will be one for the books. Plus I'll love whatever she does no matter how it charts.

GagaIsDope

If the song and music vid are good enough, it could have a big impact. People don't care how the last era went if they like what they see now

Archived