Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify may consider releasing some new music to paying customers only

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

The Spotify Chief Executive Daniel Ek is coming around to the idea of compromise.

The streaming leader is discussing making some new music available only to paying subscribers in hopes of ending a months-long impasse with the major record companies, The Post has learned.

In meetings with label execs the past few weeks, the Swedish outfit has signaled a willingness to “window” — putting new releases on its paid tier and off its free service for a set time, sources said.

Read more: http://nypost.com/2016/08/29/spotify-releases-some-new-music-to-paying-customers-only/

SlaeUrAnus

These companies are ruining music.

Can't we go back to the times when artists released the audio on YouTube or their websites and we waited for a video to be released?

None of this Apple Music, Spotify and Tidal ****.

In my messy era.

Dangerous Man

Greed never wins at the end. Let's see.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Dominic

Hmm...maybe. 

I do question why I pay for Spotify when a free user has the entire collection at their disposal too. 

Largely just for offline mode I guess :huh:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

BloodyJudas

Wish we could turn back time to the good old days

2009-2011 were just the great years for the pop scene. Back then every major pop female artist was slaying and achieving milestones. We could watch Gaga, Rihanna, Katy, Beyonce, Pink , Britney on Billboard top 10 and the music was so exciting. Digital sales and radio impact counted to the chart position , we first got the song and then waited some weeks for it to be visually released on YT ;) I remember the long wait for the Born This Way Video after three weeks of the song release ;) Those were the days ;) Albums were selling quite decently and now??? Most of the major stars are failing to be as impactful as before. What did this all boil down to ? We are constantly being bombarded with exclusives and they do not even care about the promotion of the albums. I remember big pop eras like The Fame Monster, Born This Way, Teenage Dream, Loud and the list goes on and on. Maybe I feel a big nostalgic but there is something to it. ;)

crisTEAne

apple music exclusive

spotify exclusive

:classy:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Bellatrix

I think it's good. Music shouldn't be for free. Nothing else is for free, why would music be?

However, limiting the music to Premium members only will most likely increase piracy and then the Spotify Free version is better.

darkchylde

lovely. werent they yesterday saying how they were better and would punish those who did exclusives? streaming services are all rats. 

RAMROD

Well, is this really surprising?

As the idiom said, nothing in this life are free!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

High King

Whatever. I'm still going to illegally download the music that I want and buy physical copies of albums that I love. 

inuborg

I just pay for Apple Music cause I'm a boss ass bitch 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Archived