Who is the better live performer?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better live performer?

• Beyonce
    • Michael Jackson
    • It's very difficult to choose

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

It's been almost 24 hours since Beyonce graced my television screen and shat on my entire life

BbwDmV.gif

Thanks to her VMA's performance my hair is all gone. My scalp is covered in dried blood. I'm having trouble digesting solid foods. With #PerfectIllusion just around the corner I don't know if I'll be able to make it out of September alive. 

tumblr_inline_n369skS6Qb1qff5c6.gif

I thought I'd make this thread to pass the time and stir up some sh*t while my hair grew back. 

I want to know: who's the better live performer? Beyonce or Michael Jackson? Are they on the same level? Do you even care?

giphy.gif

tumblr_ocngp8JgdF1qa81uno2_540.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

A good portion of Beyonce's performance tactics are HUGELY inspired by MJ so what do you think? :D

Beyonce is one of the few who compare to him, but no one will EVER reach his level, if someone does I will be FLOORED

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Thomas P

VMAs solidified her as the greatest performer. Enough said.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

I don't know how people can vote for Bey, when she basically stole most of the things MJ did. 

Michael is a much better dancer and singer, there is so much more excitement on stage.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

ReidOne

Their performance styles are so completely different, I don't think you can compare. 

But since we are...

It's MJ all the way for me.

TEANUS

Plus you gotta remember, MJ was mostly at his peak when there were no high tech tactics. He did start to use them in the HIStory tour, but even then, he relied almost completely on his own talent to entertain and perform. Yes, Beyonce has HUGE talent, but if you strip away the smoke, the lighting, the shots, etc., it would still be huge, but not nearly as praised, and that's okay, she's using what she has, just like he was

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Shipper

Do you have to ask?

:saladga:  

Michael have history behind him, Bey got smoke and mirrors (mirroring MJ).

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Nicogly

I think that they are different but both are just so talented and great performers that it is difficult to choose. I have never placed either MJ nor Bey in high pedestals, nonetheless they are undeniable legends. So I'll just enjoy both without having to choose one over the other! :)

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Archived