💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Not Myself Tonight controversial?

Werk

Featured Posts

Was Not Myself Tonight controversial? I'm just confused on why S&M would be more controversial then Not Myself Tonight considering how pretty extreme NMT is. 

At the time, gaga saved christina. It was all about how she was trying to outmatch Gaga. If it wasn't for Gaga people would see how extreme the video really is, but most of the discussion was around Christina bad mouthing Gaga.

Thank god they were over it and we had that amazing performance. I'm still chocked to see gaga keep up with x-tina

Saint Laurent

Looking back, honestly, truly, apart from the last scene with the guy, it's not really similar to BR.

OT: I think probably the shittiness and percieved Gaganess overshadowed the controversy of it all.

DeanWinchester

It was a pretty good song but released during a pretty bad time for other artists :classy:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Brian Ryan

No one watched Not Myself Tonight and it flopped. People watched S&M and bought the song. Neither was controversial by the time it came out we had seen it before... and no for the people with few brain cells I am not talking about Bad Romance. I am talking by the time those videos came out sexuality wasn't a big thing and still isn't... a celeb who walks around naked like a nudist has the #2 song on the Hot 100.

Seeka

Not Myself Tonight was truly overshadowed by the idea it was a Bad Romance knock off.

However, S&M is far more blatant in its lyrics, and Rihanna fellates a banana. So it tends to be more controversial when it is more obvious and appeals to a larger crowd, and is more raunchy.

That's another thing as well. Not Myself Tonight has a feeling of sensuality, while S&M was raunchy.

Katsuki Bakugo
9 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Not Myself Tonight was truly overshadowed by the idea it was a Bad Romance knock off.

However, S&M is far more blatant in its lyrics, and Rihanna fellates a banana. So it tends to be more controversial when it is more obvious and appeals to a larger crowd, and is more raunchy.

That's another thing as well. Not Myself Tonight has a feeling of sensuality, while S&M was raunchy.

This! I have always loved this song tbh. The album is a mess but this song was flawless!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

androiduser

I don't thnk it was controversial.... It was just silly because she was trying so hard to be sexual and provocative and people never perceived her as such

elijahfan

It's funny, I was just watching Nymphomaniac Vol. II again, and in this light it feels very weird to me to even start considering NMT or S&M controversial in the slightest way :toofunny:

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

It's funny, I was just watching Nymphomaniac Vol. II again, and in this light it feels very weird to me to even start considering NMT or S&M controversial in the slightest way :toofunny:

My favorite movie :hug: 

I’m getting on your nerves

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, VenusAsABoy said:

My favorite movie :hug: 

I'm showing it to my best friend, we're splitting the movie's chapters in multiple movie nights, and we've just watched the Eastern Church and the Western Church chapter right now :giggle:

Happy to see there's another Lars von Trier mega fan on here! Then you'll be probably amused to hear that I've worked on a film with Stacy Martin, aka young Joe, no later than this month, she's absolutely adorable.

Pacify Him
Just now, elijahfan said:

I'm showing it to my best friend, we're splitting the movie's chapters in multiple movie nights :giggle:

Happy to see there's another Lars von Trier mega fan on here! Then you'll be probably amused to hear that I've worked on a film with Stacy Martin, aka young Joe, no later than this month, she's absolutely adorable.

Ooh I'm jealous! I would love to work with the people I admire.

Lars is actually my favorite director. The way he makes his films evokes truly extreme emotions. I'm already practicing writing something just as extreme.

I’m getting on your nerves

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, VenusAsABoy said:

Ooh I'm jealous! I would love to work with the people I admire.

Lars is actually my favorite director. The way he makes his films evokes truly extreme emotions. I'm already practicing writing something just as extreme.

Yes, he's one of my faves as well. I love how he always keeps pushing boundaries, not to mention the fact his films talk to me on a personal level. And I just love being shocked, I'm not ashamed to admit it :laughga:

Archived