💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why does everyone hate Closer...

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

I really don't understand the hate. Most number 1s do get backlash but this I just don't get...

1) it's the type of song with a chorus that you and your friends would sing with music blasting or at a party when everyone is wasted, kinda like the "youuuu" in This is what you came for. It is easy to remmeber and it is very catchy and not hard to sing, which makes it a good song and successful. It's not about the "artistry" of the song but the memories that you have listening to it, which is what makes songs like "We Found Love" or "Summer" such hits

2) really? The guy can't sing? He's a ****ing DJ , if Calvin Harris performed summer and sang live it would obviously sound bad

3) it's generic... It's pop music were you expecting the Chainsmokers to release Bad Romance 2.0?

also is there a "non-generic" song that deserves the #1 more right now ? Maybe it should be Make Me, the most iconic and innovative song of the century?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

Because monsters come after anyone who isn't Gaga or a select few artists that the fanbase collectively approve of. It's really dumb.

LaMaisonGaga

You right now:

CqCDPfBWYAAXeZ6.jpg

To me it comes across like you can't deal with other people's opinion. Don't like how everyone else dislikes the song? Good. Bop on your own along to it.

P.S. wasn't even aware of that song's existence until now.

lamaisongaga.com

yASSsss

cuz it's cool to hate Halsey on pop forums arilol.gif

Poor themarilol.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Morphine Prince

Well, their opinion is irrelevant. The song is #1 on iTunes, Spotify (last time I checked), and the lyric video has over 100M views in a month.

The song is a smash and they will seethe when it blocks Perfect Illusion from getting that #1. 

aquariumlust

I personally don't like the song, but that's my sole opinion. There are a lot of horrible and generic songs that I love though so it's all about taste. Obviously a lot of people love the song and are connecting to it and pop music is allowed to be frivolous and fun.

PaperIz
Just now, yASSsss said:

cuz it's cool to hate Halsey on pop forums arilol.gif

Poor themarilol.gif

This all the way. Everyone has decided to hate Halsey for no actual reason and they are almost militant in their desire to bring her down. 

Azor Ahai
3 minutes ago, LG said:

Because monsters come after anyone who isn't Gaga or a select few artists that the fanbase collectively approve of. It's really dumb.

Hm it's like most Lady Gaga fans have a similar taste in music.

Hmm interesting I wonder why that would be...

26624-Christina-Hendricks-LOL-gif-a38u.g

mattyx

It is just so boring.  I listened to it once and still can't believe this is a successful.  Blah. 

venusfly
Just now, Azor Ahai said:

Hm it's like Lady Gaga fans have a similar taste in music. Hmm interesting I wonder why that would be.

That's very obviously not why it happens

yASSsss
Just now, PaperIz said:

This all the way. Everyone has decided to hate Halsey for no actual reason and they are almost militant in their desire to bring her down. 

it's mostly the pretentious Lana stans :sweat: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

3) it's generic... It's pop music were you expecting the Chainsmokers to release Bad Romance 2.0?

POP MUSIC IS NOT GENERIC!

there's only generic production, not generic genre

Archived