Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Tame Impala fans warming up to Gaga *great responses*

retroglamx

Featured Posts

retroglamx

Hey everyone!

So as you all know, Gaga is working on her upcoming album with master producer, singer, songwriter, performer and overall multi-talented Kevin Parker, creator of Tame Impala. I don't know if you guy have had the chance to play his music ot if you're into the whole rock psychedelia at all but the guy is basically a musical genius with an amazing ear for pop tunes and melodies while also carrying a melancholic atmosphere, his lyrics are smart and well thought and the rest of the (live) band are also super talented.

That being said, I follow Tame Impala's reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/tameimpala) and I've seen quite a couple of posts already regarding Gaga's collab with him and I gotta say I am surprised to see all the positive responses from such a delicate audience (usually filled with snobs who think their fav is too good for mainstream). Particularly, when they speak about Gaga and they acknowledge her talent. It's actually refreshing to see a fanbase be so mature and aware of her talent instead of the usual "she's crazy" "she wants attention" "she's a man".

Exhibit A Kevin Parker wrote Lady Gaga's new single "Perfect Illusion"

Exhibit B Lady Gaga on Twitter: "We made a #PERFECTILLUSION @markronson @tameimpala @bloodpop

Exhibit C Lady Gaga walked out onstage during Tame Impala's performance at FYF fest

They're mostly positive comments about how she's so talented and would mix so well with Kevin, her voice being a true highlight in the pop industry and how exciting of an opportunity this is for Kevin (giving the fact that's always been so out about his love for pop music and it's production).

So it's not necessary to ask your opinions on Gaga cause we all know she slays BUT if you're a Tame Impala fan (I'M ONE!!!) do you think this collaboration will be a benchmark for both artists' future and how excited are you for PERFECT ILLUSION?

LK8HIIY.png

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This collaboration will go down in history 

Tell your grandchildren to bookmark me 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Morphine Prince

I've seen a mix of their fans being positive, some not sure, and then some being pretentious assholes as a lot of fans of these type of artists come off as usually. 

retroglamx
Just now, Varo Yan said:

watch this perfect illusion

I think Mind Mischief is one of my fav TI videos. The storyline is so clever and the visuals slayyy.

Creyk

Well duh everyone likes Gaga and they better hope she gives some relevancy to this guy

But isn't the anticipation too much? What if he just co-wrote 1 song and that's it? We don't know the extent of his contribution to the album.

Exhibit B took a left turn :emma: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Varo Yan
1 minute ago, retroglamx said:

I think Mind Mischief is one of my fav TI videos. The storyline is so clever and the visuals slayyy.

I'm not their fan, even I dont hear their name untill with Gaga's collaboration, but now when I watch their videos and hear music, it's hypnotic good, damn really relaxable and cool :rockstar: I got very pleasure

retroglamx
1 minute ago, T3ARS said:

This collaboration will go down in history 

Tell you grandchildren to bookmark me 

I started listening to Tame Impala right after ARTPOP came out and I fell in love with the music almost instantly. I never would have imagined they'd end up collaborating. I have to admit I cried a little when I first saw their photo in the studio.

2 minutes ago, KARMA said:

I like your positive attitude you put in writing this thread! :wub:

It's just so refreshing to see a fanbase (the tame impala one) be so mature and open and welcoming of these type of unusual collaborations and they feel like actual civil people who you can have a musical discussion with (unlike twitter fandoms). I'm really excited about what's coming!!

3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I've seen a mix of their fans being positive, some not sure, and then some being pretentious assholes as a lot of fans of these type of artists come off as usually. 

I've seen those too but the vast majority are on the positive side so that's always great.

I have to admit they're more welcoming and open to Gaga's collab than they were to Rihanna's cover of "Brand New Person, Same Old Mistakes".

retroglamx
5 minutes ago, Varo Yan said:

I'm not their fan, even I dont hear their name untill with Gaga's collaboration, but now when I watch their videos and hear music, it's hypnotic good, damn really relaxable and cool :rockstar: I got very pleasure

This song and video is also one of my favorites

Sunny

Not really a fan of their music so they better not make PI bad

I like dancin', and ponies....

retroglamx

Besides both their fandoms like to photoshop them as religious entities

tumblr_lgg6hd1i2F1qdtofi.gif

McML8yb.jpg

Archived