💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The VMAs really don't deserve Gaga

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

When another thread entitled "the VMAs don't deserve Gaga" became a hit, I was skeptical of that premise but after watching the show tonight, the thread was right, Gaga is above what I saw tonight. I'm happy she didn't go. It was tragedy after tragedy. Some of the performances were okay (Ari, Brit, Bey) but outside of that it was trash. If they don't get their **** together next year, I'd say Gaga should never go back. 

So im curious, to the people who said Gaga isn't above the VMAs, has ur thoughts changed after watching this years show?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AnglerfishbraBENUS

I love how MTV turns their back on artists and expects them to come back.  Like Gaga... They did it with Taylor tonight pretty much even tho she deserves it i guess 

Bey had the only good performance honestly. Nothing else was really memorable at all.

Probably the worst VMAs yet. Thank god Bey showed up.

Born To Slay
1 minute ago, Slade said:

Bey had the only good performance honestly. Nothing else was really memorable at all.

Probably the worst VMAs yet. Thank god Bey showed up.

I liked Britney and Ari but they were both subpar to expectations, especially Britney. Dear god Brit, ur the queen of the VMAs, have some ****ing dignity.

DeanWinchester

VMAs have snubbed Gaga for so many years but they kept clinging on to her. Last year, her Applause performance was in a short clip announcing the nominees, and now they had somebody parade in the iconic meat dress.

VMAs used to be respected. Even rock legends would participate. Now, it's just about fake fights and drama and shade to create ratings--even more so than before.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Born To Slay
Just now, A Gaga Lad said:

VMAs have snubbed Gaga for so many years but they kept clinging on to her. Last year, her Applause performance was in a short clip announcing the nominees, and now they had somebody parade in the iconic meat dress.

VMAs used to be respected. Even rock legends would participate. Now, it's just about fake fights and drama and shade to create ratings--even more so than before.

Yeah I agree, they treat Gaga like ****. In 2013 they censored her performance and in 2014 they snubbed the ARTPOP era. 

And it's amazing how much it's fallen, you'd never know the VMAs were once amazing if u watched this tonight.

Mister Gaga

To be completely ****ing honest, they don't deserve her, but they don't need her either. In pop music, styles and trends work like that...happily or sadly, depends on how we look at it, she's not trendy anymore; they don't need her to succeed; as they don't need Madonna (who basically invented the VMAs). As long as they have a trend and an artist who jumps into it, they'll be fine. 

I mean, she's not vital to the show. They have their ups and downs (right now, they're down), but next year or the other one a new trend will surge and they'll be The VMAs again. It has always worked like that.

Madonna --> Britney (and we should give some credit to Lil Kim, Xtina) --> Gaga --> Miley --> idk, Lorde? She's the next big trend setter imo. 

Yes, they don't deserve her; she's above; but they don't need her to succeed. 

DeanWinchester
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Yeah I agree, they treat Gaga like ****. In 2013 they censored her performance and in 2014 they snubbed the ARTPOP era. 

And it's amazing how much it's fallen, you'd never know the VMAs were once amazing if u watched this tonight.

Thank God, I didn't.

I want Gaga to slay so much with PI that MTV practically begs for her to return next year. Gaga needs the VMAs, yes. But I need the GP to see that MTV is more desperate for it.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DemeLarell

Hell  no. This was the best the VMAS  has been in years. Everyone slayed. EVERYONE! 

And gaga would have been the cherry on top. Why do people on here believe Gaga is above everyone and everything?? 

PaperIz

I can't believe they let everyone else do whstever they want but censored Gaga. They'll never be forgiven imo

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Thank God, I didn't.

I want Gaga to slay so much with PI that MTV practically begs for her to return next year. Gaga needs the VMAs, yes. But I need the GP to see that MTV is more desperate for it.

I won't be watching next year unless something drastic happens, they need to prove they deserve my views after watching.

Well.... MTV will practically use Gaga for her name. Gaga should take the advantage and feel like a royalty.

00026 † 10000

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

Hell  no. This was the best the VMAS  has been in years. Everyone slayed. EVERYONE! 

And gaga would have been the cherry on top. Why do people on here believe Gaga is above everyone and everything?? 

It was trash, the hosts alone ruined the show but the performances were mostly bad to average. 

it's not that I think Gaga is above everything but I don't think it's good for her to see such trash for such a long period of time. 

mattyx

I have to agree with you especially if they actually did make her change things in 2013 so Miley would get the most attention.  I don't know why I get so hyped up for the VMAs every year.  It's like I keep hoping they would become what they once were.  Every year I am let down.  They really need to change things up next year in my opinion.

I am glad that Gaga skipped this mess.

tumblr_lw76wpPqtc1qctz0n.gif

Archived